• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Skip the retail outlets including TSC. Way too high priced. Go to Helena or another ag chemical dealer. Buy the generic by the gallon in a gallon container or 2.5 gal container. Way cheaper.
    Venture Surplus ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Skip the retail outlets including TSC. Way too high priced. Go to Helena or another ag chemical dealer. Buy the generic by the gallon in a gallon container or 2.5 gal container. Way cheaper.

That's what my brother did. We figured the cost per gallon and it was almost a fourth of the cost over some of the retail outlets. He got 400 gallons for what it would have cost him for 100 gallons at TSC.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    That's what my brother did. We figured the cost per gallon and it was almost a fourth of the cost over some of the retail outlets. He got 400 gallons for what it would have cost him for 100 gallons at TSC.

If your buying it at that amount one of them 330 or whatever gallon totes you can get that price way down.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Any issues with them selling to the general public?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Any issues with them selling to the general public?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They’ll sell to anyone. If you have an ag/timber number you get tax free. If you have a pesticide applicator license you can buy the restricted stuff.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    If you have enough use for it, then by all means buy the 2.5 gallon jug. Atwoods is a little cheaper than TSC. The ag dealers are close to the same price as atwoods for generic glyphosate around here, but I get a 10% discount at Atwoods and don't have to pay tax on it (don't pay tax at the Ag dealer either, but I don't get the discount)

I've got a private pesticide applicators license, so I can buy restricted chemicals. Glyphosate isn't nearly as bad as some of the other stuff I can get, and most of that stuff is pretty safe if handled properly.

If you're wanting longer term control than Glyphosate, TSC and Atwoods also sell a red jug that is labeled total vegetation control. It's 43% glyphosate, but also has Imapazyr for residual control..

Just keep in mind both glyphosate and imapazyr are salt based and will cause rust issues on steel when used repeatedly. Salt can also eat into concrete if not rinsed off quickly enough.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I dropped about 10 gallons of triclopyr concentrate on my mesquite farm earlier this year. I keep expecting a 3rd eye to pop open on my forehead and Stephen King to walk out of the mist near my pond.

Top Bottom