• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Yep....just you. If it happened to anyone else (like myself), I would field strip it about every week or two and wipe it down with an oiled cloth. But, since it doesn't happen to anyone else, that would be something you'd have to decide about.....

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    My wife's EDC gets that way in a holster in her purse but my pocket carry doesn't. Both are cleaned the same but the major difference, hers doesn't see the range as much and therefore doesn't get cleaned for a long period of time.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Start using a zippered, rectangular pack, no not a fanny pack, similar though...when I work in the yard mowing or slinging a chain saw I carry using one and my pistola never gets dirty.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Yep....just you. If it happened to anyone else (like myself), I would field strip it about every week or two and wipe it down with an oiled cloth. But, since it doesn't happen to anyone else, that would be something you'd have to decide about.....

“Good to know Bill”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Guess I’ll have to check and see. Been a year or so though and I hate to disturb it.

scarab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2018
    Deep East Texas
    I would, if it were my gun, try to figure out what that stuff is. Is this gun shot much? That "dust" looks like fine metal shavings. Is it cob webs from a meal worm type insect? Does it feel gritty? Is it from the holster leather? We found a large dead spider inside a gun one time, came in through the barrel. But this one looks like it was dropped into a vacuum cleaner bag!

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Joseph Wambaugh wrote about the LAPD back in the 60s and 70s. One of the incidents he mentioned was pre-patrol inspection and something about spiderwebs in the barrel of one of the officers firearm.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I would, if it were my gun, try to figure out what that stuff is. Is this gun shot much? That "dust" looks like fine metal shavings. Is it cob webs from a meal worm type insect? Does it feel gritty? Is it from the holster leather? We found a large dead spider inside a gun one time, came in through the barrel. But this one looks like it was dropped into a vacuum cleaner bag!

This is my everyday carry gun the is in an inside the waistband holster. It’s lint and what not just seems to collect in there really fast. I do strip it down once a month to wipe it down no matter if I went to the range. Again just seems to collect stuff really fast. Could it be I’m just a dirty man even though I do shower every morning before going to work

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I almost felt hurt and singled out by that comment. I did invite these types of comments as well with my posting of pics.

I was joking. Sorry if I almost hurt your feelings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I almost felt hurt and singled out by that comment. I did invite these types of comments as well with my posting of pics.

I was joking. Sorry if I almost hurt your feelings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom