• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    . The three dogs, identified as "American Bullie" breeds, were ordered to be seized due to causing a death of a person.”

:rolleyes:
    The Office' stars share the story behind the famous Michael screaming meme  | Mashable

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I remember hearing the story about an older gentleman in the Houston area choking a pitbull to death with its collar when it attacked him on his morning walk. He was badly injured, but survived. This was back in the 90's.

The story was that he had a pocket knife but was unable to open it with one hand while using the other to keep the dog at bay. So, he choked the bastage to death.

Since then, the number one requirement for any pocket knife I carry is that I'll be able to open it with one hand.

And, I always carry a pistola unless I'm somewhere it is prohibited by law.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I remember hearing the story about an older gentleman in the Houston area choking a pitbull to death with its collar when it attacked him on his morning walk. He was badly injured, but survived. This was back in the 90's.

The story was that he had a pocket knife but was unable to open it with one hand while using the other to keep the dog at bay. So, he choked the bastage to death.

Since then, the number one requirement for any pocket knife I carry is that I'll be able to open it with one hand.

And, I always carry a pistola unless I'm somewhere it is prohibited by law.

That's why I took to carrying a small fixed blade. Folders are work knives for me, not weapons.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Damn that a Auto knife

My EDC folders are assisted openers, and even a full on auto knife is slower than the fixed blade. If Fido is chewing on me, I just wanna get to stabbing. Same thing if I wind up fighting some nasty tweaker or something - I don't want to mess with trying to open a blade when I could just grab & stab.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    My EDC folders are assisted openers, and even a full on auto knife is slower than the fixed blade. If Fido is chewing on me, I just wanna get to stabbing. Same thing if I wind up fighting some nasty tweaker or something - I don't want to mess with trying to open a blade when I could just grab & stab.
    My manly gut makes carrying a fixed blade a chore. I've tried various applications but would like something I didn't have to look loop through the belt. Perhaps a scabbard with a clip...

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    My manly gut makes carrying a fixed blade a chore. I've tried various applications but would like something I didn't have to look loop through the belt. Perhaps a scabbard with a clip...

ay3cMHw.jpg

GhxRZen.jpg

K59KkBN.jpg

This is my little fixed blade with two different scabbards I made for it. I thought I had a pic of how to carry the black sheath, but I don't yet.

The black one has a rubber band around it for grippiness, it hooks in behind the belt, and grabs a belt loop. Between the belt's tension, and the rubber band / hook on the end of the scabbard, it stays put very well. The handle angles down just enough to get purchase, knife comes out quick with either hand. Its not a big knife - but enough to poke hokes and slash some nasty cuts. Its a GTFOM (Get the F off me) knife.

Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    That’s a nice blade. Info on the blade?
    ay3cMHw.jpg

GhxRZen.jpg

K59KkBN.jpg

This is my little fixed blade with two different scabbards I made for it. I thought I had a pic of how to carry the black sheath, but I don't yet.

The black one has a rubber band around it for grippiness, it hooks in behind the belt, and grabs a belt loop. Between the belt's tension, and the rubber band / hook on the end of the scabbard, it stays put very well. The handle angles down just enough to get purchase, knife comes out quick with either hand. Its not a big knife - but enough to poke hokes and slash some nasty cuts. Its a GTFOM (Get the F off me) knife.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    p9P4ZyN.jpg

This is a good pic that shows the size of the knife in relation to the other crap I carry with me, and shows the rubber band around the black sheath.

AivuJI5.jpg

In that last pic, you can see how the blade hides behind the belt / belt loop. You can adjust the cant of the blade's handle down for better accessibility, or upward behind the belt for more concealability or comfort.

Top Bottom