Not open for further replies.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    The right to carry CONCEALED? Never saw that in either the State or the US Constitution! I am only suggesting the background check and training for CONCEALED carry NOT required for open carry.
    As for smoking? don't ask don't tell ;)

The Constitution makes no distinction between the two - why try to now? Why does someone discreetly carrying a firearm scare you so much? Many of us carried long before CHL's became available - guess you didn't know that.
    Guns International

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    There are basically otherwise law abiding folk who carry without permission and there are criminals.

It seems the violent criminals have a lobbying group called elected democrats. They continue to try increasing the advantage violent criminals have over the rest of the population.

That statement would sound pretty far-fetched, if were not so true.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    How about all those other states with no-permit required ? Bloodbaths ? Police in extra danger ? More road rage killings than San Antonio ?

Seems easy enough to predict the results. I know if I was a bad guy, "permit required" or carry prohibited would be my kind of state.
    Ask @rusty tweezers about it up in Oklahoma. He started a thread when they passed it up there. Fun reading.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Another one of the "I support the 2A, BUT" crowd. Study up on what "a well regulated militia" was in those times. It seems that most of the cannons Washington used were privately owned. So much for the ATF Tax.

If CC were to pass would it make any difference to the criminals??? Seriously.
    1 thing for sure they would be less noticed being in the same crowd! It's not like honest people have a tattoo stating we are on our forehead. 1. Don't point a gun at anyone unless you want to be shot. 2. If you don't know where to shoot, just find a gun pointing your direction. 3. Intent could already be established? A situation could be a potential crimenal with gun in hand walks into a business with cops/armed responsible citizens :roflfunny: ?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    TexasRedneck,

FYI, I had my sword "looked at" by the curator of one of our local museums. = He said that I was WRONG on the sword's age.

My sword is an ENGLISH-made HEAVY CAVALRY saber, made circa 1800-1810 & MAY have been bought used/"military surplus" by 1LT Bishop, after service in the NAPOLEANIC wars.
    (I am NOT displeased that the sword is older than i thought that it was, though it would be nice to now who its original owner was. - FAT CHANCE of that..)

yours, satx

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    Been following this group for a few years - I think. Usually commenting on revolvers and the like. I stay away from the political side usually, because it is obvious from the responses here that differing view points are not appreciated. Texas Gun Talk is an echo chamber of sorts. We just want to read/hear what we believe and get attaboys for making inflammatory comments and the like. I get it.
    But anyway, I have been a carry permit holder for at least 10 years. I have been a gun owner since sixth grade.
    When it comes to the Second Amendment, I support it, but I accept that there are aspects of it that are open to interpretation. Most only cite the last part of the amendment - the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Rarely do I see a reference to the very first statement of the amendment - "A well regulated militia being necessary for a free state." That is definitely up for interpretation, at least in my mind.
    And the right to bear arms is not a God-given right. Can't find that in the Bible anywhere.
    With that being said, and I know many or most on this forum are already seething with rage if they have read this far, I am not a fan of unlicensed carry in Texas. The current system works well. Very well in my mind. Carry permit holders, as a class, are the most law-abiding group of citizens in the state statistically. When I encounter an open carry person, it is highly likely in my mind that the person has passed a couple of background checks when he bought his/her firearm and when he/her obtained their carry permit and likely a few times in between. Of course there is not guarantee of such or that the person is legally carrying his firearm on his hip. But I will imagine or hope for the better.
    This Texas-based writer and a correspondent for the conservative magazine the National Review makes a lot of good points that open-minded gun owners should at least read.
    Constitutional Carry - Maybe Not
    DUDE... You fucked up... I feel for ya..

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...This Texas-based writer and a correspondent for the conservative magazine the National Review makes a lot of good points that open-minded gun owners should at least read.

You and that author wrote a whole lot about how y’all feels, and y’all are entitled to do that. I disagree with y’all. But he lost me at “Texas already has a perfectly workable permitting system, and abolishing it is a textbook example of a solution in search of a problem.”

Nothing in HB1927, or any other bill moving it’s way thru the legislature abolishes the LTC permitting system.

I have zero respect for someone who espouses an opinion that contains an outright lie. The dumb son of a bîtch doesn’t deserve space on the page, and National Review should really reconsider the talent it promotes if they can’t get basic facts right.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom