Capitol Armory ad

Alright! SB 299 passed the house & senate. We are getting "imprinting" in Texas!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Not to be negative, but printing isn't an offense right now.

Its kind of like getting excited about hitting a single, with two outs, when you're down 10-0 in the bottom of the 9th. IMO, this legislative session has been a complete failure for gun rights.

schang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Um I respectfully disagree sir, imprinting is an offense at the moment. Your concealed weapon MUST be 100% invisible right now. With the passage of SB299, it will no longer be an offense to imprint. It is a step in the right direction at least. - For Liberty.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    As I understand it, printing not illegal, neither is the UN- intentional display of a concealed handgun. I believe this is the bill that gives the CHL more room to accidently display a concealed handgun without any issues from LEO.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Um I respectfully disagree sir, imprinting is an offense at the moment. Your concealed weapon MUST be 100% invisible right now. With the passage of SB299, it will no longer be an offense to imprint. It is a step in the right direction at least. - For Liberty.

Ohh he is going to be hammered on this one.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Alright! SB 299 passed the house & senate. We are getting "imprinting" in Texas

Um, no it's not.

schang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Lol, maybe I'm a day late and a dollar short... when the heck did imprinting become legal? And what's the point of SB 299 then?

SB299
    A license holder commits an offense if the license
    holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person
    under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code,
    and intentionally displays [fails to conceal] the handgun in plain
    view of another person in a public place.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Lol, maybe I'm a day late and a dollar short... when the heck did imprinting become legal? And what's the point of SB 299 then?

SB299
    A license holder commits an offense if the license
    holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person
    under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code,
    and intentionally displays [fails to conceal] the handgun in plain
    view of another person in a public place.

Printing is not illegal. Intentional failure to conceal is. They are not the same thing.

schang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Ahhh ok, but won't SB299 give us a little more protection? Will I be able to just cover up the gun with a tshirt?

Sorry to you all, I wasn't trying to start any trouble... I just got all excited when I read that it passed the House.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Printing was never illegal. This bill is meaningless.... Freedom loses again this session. Replacing "fails to conceal" which meant that the actual gun could be seen, not an imprint of the gun and "displays" are basically synonymous... LAME

We have to get rid of Joe Strauss if we ever want actual gun rights in Texas to move forward.

schang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    I agree sir, again I'm sorry for getting excited about nothing then. I didn't mean to steer anyone in the wrong direction. I'm the clueless idiot lol.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Ahhh ok, but won't SB299 give us a little more protection? Will I be able to just cover up the gun with a tshirt?

Sorry to you all, I wasn't trying to start any trouble... I just got all excited when I read that it passed the House.

You could already do that. It would not have been illegal if the wind caught your shirt and blew it up allowing someone to see your gun, or if you bent down for something and your shirt got hung on the grip. Neither of those are intentional.

It's a minor re wording that might save a few some trouble with the few cops who don't like CC. Not gonna make a noticeable impact for 99% of us.

Also adds that it can be displayed in lawful use of force an not just deadly force. Don't know of anyone ever being arrested for failing to conceal drawing a weapon on a BG and not firing.

It's not a bad change, but many of the other laws would have been a much bigger step in the right direction. This was more like glancing in the right direction with no real movement.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    You could already do that. It would not have been illegal if the wind caught your shirt and blew it up allowing someone to see your gun, or if you bent down for something and your shirt got hung on the grip. Neither of those are intentional.

It's a minor re wording that might save a few some trouble with the few cops who don't like CC. Not gonna make a noticeable impact for 99% of us.

Also adds that it can be displayed in lawful use of force an not just deadly force. Don't know of anyone ever being arrested for failing to conceal drawing a weapon on a BG and not firing.

It's not a bad change, but many of the other laws would have been a much bigger step in the right direction. This was more like glancing in the right direction with no real movement.

Thanks for that, I was like the OP in thinking printing could get you into trouble. Good info!

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin

My CHL class implied that it was illegal to imprint so that was my understanding as well. Maybe they were talking about how subjective the term "intentional failure to conceal" could be. It could at least make for annoying day in court whether someone intentionally failed to conceal by wearing the wrong style of clothes or something.

schang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    but can I wear a OWB holster, with a glock 17 and just throw a T-shirt on. Obviously the gun will print... is that legal currently? will SB 299 affect that? please educated me.

schang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    My CHL class implied that it was illegal to imprint so that was my understanding as well. Maybe they were talking about how subjective the term "intentional failure to conceal" could be. It could at least make for annoying day in court whether someone intentionally failed to conceal by wearing the wrong style of clothes or something.

exactly, thats what I thought and have been taught by my CHL instructor for over 10 years.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Intentionally failing to conceal and intentional display are the same thing.

Wearing spandex over your glock would make an obvious contour of the gun but it is not actually visible. Think the level of trouble you run in to would very from nothing to pain in the ass depending on the cop you ran in to.

Some of the LEO could give a better idea on that matter because you are basically intentionally printing.

I wear a regular t shirt and carry IWB cause its comfortable. Never had a need to take it to that level but still print when the wind hits right and have had my shirt get hung on the grip while digging on the bottom shelf at the store.

Came close to carrying my 1911 on the weekends which would have printed Alot. Chose not to due to the sights and not being used to the gun, not good if I needed it. Getting in legal trouble did not cross my mind.

IANAL. Most of what any of us are telling you are opinions. Nature of the Internet.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom