• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Hawaii has a long tradition being anti-gun 2A. Following SCOTUS Bruen decision the elected officials at city/county/state level are discussing where they are going to designate 'sensitive places' gun free zones with Bill 57 for next year.

Bearing Arms blog provides some insight into what's being discussed and promoted such as;
    "I support Bill 57 to create “sensitive spaces” outside of the home where guns will not be allowed. Guns should not be carried outside of the home unless for game hunting, but ESPECIALLY in high traffic public areas. Please help protect our community and keep our parks, schools, public transport safe from potential harm."

So sometime next yr HI like NJ, NY, OR and other blue states will point the BIG middle finger at SCOTUS and it will take years to overturn another anti-gun law.
    Gun Zone Deals

Attachments

• Hawaii_State_Legislature.jpg
      Hawaii_State_Legislature.jpg
      130.3 KB · Views: 62

LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    And still worth visiting.
    No argument, Hawaii is very pretty. My wife and I have vacationed on several of the islands of Hawaii. And while Hawaii is very pretty, its also very expensive. For less money, we have seen Mexico, Costa Rica, Beliz, Argentina, Greece, Italy, Scotland, and Wales. All beautiful and welcoming places. And for about the same as a Hawaiian vacation, the Cayman Islands and Australia. Variety is the spice of life!

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    No argument, Hawaii is very pretty. My wife and I have vacationed on the islands of Hawaii, Maui, and O'ahu. And while Hawaii is very pretty, its also very expensive. For less money, we have seen Mexico, Costa Rica, Beliz, Argentina, Greece, Italy, Scotland, and Wales. All beautiful and welcoming places. And for about the same as a Hawaiian vacation, the Cayman Islands and Australia. Variety is the spice of life!
    No argument.
    But you didn't carry guns to any of those either.
    Or, did you?

LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    No argument.
    But you didn't carry guns to any of those either.
    Or, did you?
    No, I don't limit my vacations to where I can carry a gun. But there are places where you can be safe and have fun without a gun. Just use your head, like not walking down an ally at night. FYI, for extra travel insurance, you would be surprised what you can do with a solid walking stick. Now that I'm at retirement age, no one, including airport security, gives you a second look. Just add a bit of a limp when you walk through the metal detector. Here is the one I have:
    Amazon product ASIN B079PZWBBW

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I visited there once, was planning on a full week. On day 4 I flew home and will never go back.
    Maui for a meeting that lasted a week. Almost went crazy. Never want to go back. Only thing I enjoyed was a helicopter tour, got me to get my helicopter rating, only then did I learn how dangerous that helicopter tour was. Too many places that an engine failure would have made autorotation impossible.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Maui for a meeting that lasted a week. Almost went crazy. Never want to go back. Only thing I enjoyed was a helicopter tour, got me to get my helicopter rating, only then did I learn how dangerous that helicopter tour was. Too many places that an engine failure would have made autorotation impossible.
    How was the scenery? Did you like the burned out cars scattered on the the sides of the roads and the feral chickens running rampant? Trash everywhere once you get outside of the resort areas. People living out of beat up vans along the beaches? We were in Maui exactly 3 years ago this week and I’ll never go back. The tourist areas are nice, but it’s manufactured and not a genuine paradise. Prices are expensive everywhere and food portions are about 7/8 of what you would find here. Lots of vagrants in the city, and you can’t just walk in to a McDonalds and use the bathroom. You must get a code for the lock from the cashier. It could really be nice but the Dems ruined it with their policies. For the same price or less, I’d recommend Santorini, Greece. Air fare is about the same, food prices are more than here, but less than in Hawaii, lodging is cheaper, and everything is clean

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hawaii has a long tradition being anti-gun 2A. Following SCOTUS Bruen decision the elected officials at city/county/state level are discussing where they are going to designate 'sensitive places' gun free zones with Bill 57 for next year.

Bearing Arms blog provides some insight into what's being discussed and promoted such as;
    "I support Bill 57 to create “sensitive spaces” outside of the home where guns will not be allowed. Guns should not be carried outside of the home unless for game hunting, but ESPECIALLY in high traffic public areas. Please help protect our community and keep our parks, schools, public transport safe from potential harm."

So sometime next yr HI like NJ, NY, OR and other blue states will point the BIG middle finger at SCOTUS and it will take years to overturn another anti-gun law.
    >
    Gee, dontcha know that libtard opinion overrides our U S Constitution ?
    No, I don't limit my vacations to where I can carry a gun. But there are places where you can be safe and have fun without a gun. Just use your head, like not walking down an ally at night. FYI, for extra travel insurance, you would be surprised what you can do with a solid walking stick. Now that I'm at retirement age, no one, including airport security, gives you a second look. Just add a bit of a limp when you walk through the metal detector. Here is the one I have:
    Amazon product ASIN B079PZWBBW
    >
    For decades, when away from 2A, I always carry an extra long solid wood cane, a “tac-lighjt”, and a police whistle. All TSA permitted. Much better than nothing. We also learned to allow our hotel, restaurant, cafe, etc. to call a cab for us, instead of callng or hailing one ourselves. Get a “LegSaf” or some other hidden “wallet”. leVieux

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    How was the scenery? Did you like the burned out cars scattered on the the sides of the roads and the feral chickens running rampant? Trash everywhere once you get outside of the resort areas. People living out of beat up vans along the beaches? We were in Maui exactly 3 years ago this week and I’ll never go back. The tourist areas are nice, but it’s manufactured and not a genuine paradise. Prices are expensive everywhere and food portions are about 7/8 of what you would find here. Lots of vagrants in the city, and you can’t just walk in to a McDonalds and use the bathroom. You must get a code for the lock from the cashier. It could really be nice but the Dems ruined it with their policies. For the same price or less, I’d recommend Santorini, Greece. Air fare is about the same, food prices are more than here, but less than in Hawaii, lodging is cheaper, and everything is clean
    I too recommend Santorinni and Mykonos and other Greek Islands. The water and beaches are totally awesome and way more better than Hawaii. I liked Hawaii too but too many tourists and it is expensive.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I too recommend Santorinni and Mykonos and other Greek Islands. The water and beaches are totally awesome and way more better than Hawaii. I liked Hawaii too but too many tourists and it is expensive.
    A bonus is that four wheelers…. I’m taking real four wheelers and not sidexsides are plated and used as transportation. It was kind of cool to rent one and run down the roads amongst the scooters

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    A bonus is that four wheelers…. I’m taking real four wheelers and not sidexsides are plated and used as transportation. It was kind of cool to rent one and run down the roads amongst the scooters
    Hell the bonus in Santorinni beaches was that nudity was the biggest thing and seeing nude tourist chicks from Germany, Britain, France, and Sweden was heaven. me and my friends at the time well lets just say the movie summer lovers comes to mind. I did not see that in Hawaii.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the Bearing Arms blog HI has become one of those shall-issue states that won't let one carry anywhere.

Hawaii has joined the ranks of those states responding to the Supreme Court’s decision in Bruen striking down the state’s “may issue” carry regime by passing carry-killer legislation that will prohibit lawful gun owners from carrying in many publicly accessible spaces on the islands.

Such “sensitive places ” under the new law include schools, government buildings, public transportation, organized public assemblies, bars and restaurants serving alcohol, parks, beaches, sports facilities, movie theaters, hospitals, college campuses and other areas. Restricted places also include all private property unless the property owner gives authorization.

SB 1230 also prohibits carrying a firearm if a permit holder is consuming or under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance, prohibits leaving an unsecured firearm in a vehicle unattended and requires that a licensed carrier with a firearm possess the license.

Top Bottom