• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I started this build at the beginning of June, but it's been a bi+ch getting companies to get me the parts. Been waiting on my barrel from PVA for over 4 month's, and I'm still waiting on the Trigger Tech trigger that I ordered from a dealer the first of July. I should've ordered it directly from Trigger Tech, but was saving about $50 since it was on sale and with free shipping!
    ARC LH Nucleus Gen 2 action w/ 30 moa rail
    Rock Creek 1-7 twist 20" M24 contour barrel chambered in 223 Remington + .100" freebore from PVA
    Trigger Tech Special trigger
    KRG LH Bravo chassis
    ARC M10 34mm scope rings
    Schmidt & Bender PM II 5-25x56 scope

I picked up the action / barrel at my local FFL today, and then assembled it when I got home. Hopefully the trigger shows up shortly, then I will see if it shoots as good as it looks. I measured the chamber, so I'll have a bunch of test loads ready to try out with some 75gr & 80gr Hornady ELD-M bullets.

nGHOkPu.jpg

bCbU58J.jpg

a0q0EtR.jpg

sQCW2wc.jpg

43xniW2.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    80 eld are my go to in my 223ai. Not sure if a straight 223 will be able to push an 80 fast enough to be better than the 75.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    80 eld are my go to in my 223ai. Not sure if a straight 223 will be able to push an 80 fast enough to be better than the 75.

Velocity is nice when you can get it, but Accuracy is what I look for.
    I've never been impressed with any of the Ackley Improved cartridges that I've tried over the years. If they don't do the job in this 223, I'm sure they will do just fine in my 22 Creedmoor.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Velocity is nice when you can get it, but Accuracy is what I look for.
    I've never been impressed with any of the Ackley Improved cartridges that I've tried over the years. If they don't do the job in this 223, I'm sure they will do just fine in my 22 Creedmoor.
    I agree both shot great in mine but bc is king down range except when speed cheats it..... 80's hammer in 22 creed or they did in mine cruising at a nice 3500fps.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Looks like it could shoot the eyes out of a flea's head at 500 yards. Good luck with it. One thing I do not understand, the title of the thread, why do you want it to get shot, figured you would want it to shoot.:rolleyes:

• Haha
    Reactions: gll

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Nice! The magazine looks huge for .223. What's the capacity (not ATF here).
    Use Roman numerals to be safe.

Standard AICS style 10 rd magazine. I went with the MDT polymer mags on this rifle because they allow a COAL of 2.550", Accurate magazines only allow a COAL of 2.325".
    I had this barrel reamed with + .100" freebore, and my COAL with the 75gr & 80gr ELD-M bullets is 2.525" in this barrel.

Top Bottom