Patriot Mobile

All of these anti-Constitutional Carry LTC instructors need to hear from us...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    okay.jpeg
    Texas SOT

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I’m not a lawyer, or government official that is involved in the discussion. I only know what I read, and all references within HB1911 to licensed carry are removed from the bill. This indicates to me, that with constitutional carry, the LTC program is no longer necessary to continue. If the TX LTC becomes invalid, then a purchaser from an FFL would only accept your TX DL for identification, and you would go through the NICS check, just like every other non LTC holder. As far as the F2F sale, that’s just how I choose to be responsible in selling. I won’t sell to you if you don’t have a LTC, and there is a bill of sale. That’s just how I choose to do my due diligence with who I choose to sell a firearm to.
    A1986060-AAC7-4DBD-9B37-8B363AEAC3F4.gif

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I won’t sell to you if you don’t have a LTC, and there is a bill of sale.

Thanks, I've added you to my list of people I won't deal with because of your ignorance of the law and not knowing an unnotarized bill of sale is worthless in court!

By the way, any reason why you discriminate against those without a LTC? There is no legal reason to do so, as many law-abiding Texans don't have one. There is law requiring a LTC to purchase a firearm in Texas...

Did you move here from California?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Throwing my .02 in here. First, I am not an instructor. I’ve had my LTC for many years when it was a CHL. I carry every day. My biggest concern as was expressed earlier, is on purchases. I get the whole constitutional carry push, I really do. If this passes, and the LTC is obsolete, then to me, this is a huge step backward for the purchasing process. I do not want to have the feds knowing that I purchased from an ffl, and what that purchase is. Secondly, now I’m uncomfortable selling F2F with no knowledge of “Is this person a felon or not”

NOTHING is going to happen to the LTC...folks need to do their homework.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I’m not a lawyer, or government official that is involved in the discussion. I only know what I read, and all references within HB1911 to licensed carry are removed from the bill. This indicates to me, that with constitutional carry, the LTC program is no longer necessary to continue. If the TX LTC becomes invalid, then a purchaser from an FFL would only accept your TX DL for identification, and you would go through the NICS check, just like every other non LTC holder. As far as the F2F sale, that’s just how I choose to be responsible in selling. I won’t sell to you if you don’t have a LTC, and there is a bill of sale. That’s just how I choose to do my due diligence with who I choose to sell a firearm to.

No. Absolutely everything you said here is wrong.

If something (say, licensed carry) is not specifically addressed by legislation, then that legislation does not affect it. Licensed carry will still be around, exactly as it is, just optional for those who wish to carry within the borders of Texas. Want to go to another state which has reciprocity with Texas and carry? You'll need a Texas LTC. Want to waste less time on background checks when you buy from your local gun dealer? Whip out your Texas LTC. That will stay the same with unlicensed carry.

And requiring a bill of sale doesn't make you "responsible" or show "due diligence", it demonstrates your lack of legal knowledge.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    No. Absolutely everything you said here is wrong.

If something (say, licensed carry) is not specifically addressed by legislation, then that legislation does not affect it. Licensed carry will still be around, exactly as it is, just optional for those who wish to carry within the borders of Texas. Want to go to another state which has reciprocity with Texas and carry? You'll need a Texas LTC. Want to waste less time on background checks when you buy from your local gun dealer? Whip out your Texas LTC. That will stay the same with unlicensed carry.

And requiring a bill of sale doesn't make you "responsible" or show "due diligence", it demonstrates your lack of legal knowledge.

Wow, U.S. Law Shield is ignorant about the law too....

"While Texas law does not require any formal paperwork to document a change in firearm ownership, a bill of sale is a strong recommendation. This bill of sale should include the date of the transaction, the make, model, serial number, color, and general description of the firearm. You should also list the names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of the buyer and yourself. We also recommend you take a photo of the buyer’s Texas Driver’s License or License to Carry a Handgun.

You should keep a copy of the bill of sale, give one to the buyer, and make sure to store the document in a secure place. It might even be a good idea to save a digital copy using an encrypted cloud service.

This document will be essential should the firearm you sold wind up at a crime scene or in the hands of a criminal. If the police show up at your front door asking questions about the gun sometime down the line, you will be able to clearly show when it left your possession."

Caliber

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2015
    Overall, I'm for constitutional carry. But, when I took my license class a long time ago, there was a female student that obviously never held a handgun before the class. At the range, the instructor had to show her how to load and work the gun. I don't know if she passed the class or not (probably not), but I would NOT want a person like that with a handgun next to me at a restaurant. Because of that particular incident, I think some sort of training should be required.

Dr.Herb

Dr.Herb, D.C. - Round Rock Texas
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    Round Rock,Tx
    Reading that letter, the phrase "adapt or die" came to mind.
    If your particular industry/business model was about to be shredded it would make sense to get a head of the curve and figure out how to adapt to the new reality before you competition get there first rather than whining about losing you gig.
    there are always spin offs of every industry, it is just a matter of rubbing some brain cells together to figure it out.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Overall, I'm for constitutional carry. But, when I took my license class a long time ago, there was a female student that obviously never held a handgun before the class. At the range, the instructor had to show her how to load and work the gun. I don't know if she passed the class or not (probably not), but I would NOT want a person like that with a handgun next to me at a restaurant. Because of that particular incident, I think some sort of training should be required.
    So add a requirement for a public high school class open to adults for safe, moral, and responsible gun handling. We gotta get creative with the bargaining table!

USOffRoad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Granbury, Texas
    I have mixed emotions. I support Constitutional Carry but like some here I'm terrified of the new gun owners, the soccer moms and the guys who's egos prevent them from getting training even though they have never touched a firearm. I'm not sure who would be more dangerous in a CQB situation at the local Starbucks, the perp or the new gun owner.

I feel like there is a solution out there to permit Constitutional Carry but provide a carrot to obtain more training... hell, I've been shooting for 40+ years and I am always open to more training.

On the flip side, if you wish to take your EDC to a reciprocal state you will need a license from Texas to do so. When I head to Montana in June I'll have my Sig with me which would be impossible with out my Texas LTC.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The only "training" given at my CHL class, was the individual a asked everyone to show they could load and operate the weapon.

Sroy2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    If there is a "but" in the sentence after you say you are pro 2A, You are not pro 2A. These instructors are pro dollar. They are afraid they are going to lose there income. There would be even more chances to teach and earn money. They could easily adapt and continue to do what they are doing now. There are still going to be people willing and wanting to take classes and improve their skill set. You get woke you go broke. Stop giving these guys your money. I am telling everybody I know not to use the instructors that are on that list from my area.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If there is a a "but" in the sentence after you say you are pro 2A, You are not pro 2A. These instructors are pro dollar. They are afraid they are going to lose there income. There would be even more chances to teach and earn money. They could easily adapt and continue to do what they are doing now. There are still going to be people willing and wanting to take classes and improve their skill set. You get woke you go broke. Stop giving these guys your money. I am telling everybody I know not to use the instructors that are on that list from my area.

Welcome to the Forum!

Curtis@1964

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    San Antonio, Texas
    They pretty much summed it up towards the end of the letter. They don't want to lose their business. So, the citizens of Texas are nothing more than a "cash cow" to them. As usual, it's all about the money.

SimonRL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Planet Earth
    I went to a gun fighting class where one attendee was giving it the the bigun’ about being some sort of bad ass and then proceeded to try and put his round in his mag backwards! I’m assuming he had to have had them in the correct way to pass his shooting proficiency test. What happened between those two events. I like the concept of Constitutional Carry, but the reality is another thing. How many a-holes do you come across daily who passed a driving test at some point in their lives? Now imagine all those knotheads with a gun and no training.

Castroj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    It is sad that them doing this is playing right into the Biden gun confiscation. I guess they are ready to give their 2nd Amendment right up too!

Top Bottom