• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Aren't the fishermen already there, or do they come from out of state?

Is it the selling of the fish they are concerned about?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Salmon season is fixing to gear up for the comercial fishermen. I have a few friends that were afraid of this happening.
    Yeah.. it is a out time for them to park their football field sized boats at the mouth of the rivers and start netting the salmon before they can swim upriver and meet a hook and line.

Yeah..there was some sarcasm in there...

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Appears to me that they need to head up a couple weeks early to self quarantine.

I’ve got an acquaintance that works in a commercial mine up there. His company has two work schedules, commuter or in-camp.

Commuters are locals and go home every night. In-camp come up for a 2-week on/2-week off schedule. These people go back to the lower 48 in between rotations.

He mentioned today the company has consolidated to one schedule: 4-week on/4-week off all in camp; no visitors.

He starts his sentence on Monday and, as a commuter, said this rotation will be his last time in the hole barring any changes in policy.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I’ve got an acquaintance that works in a commercial mine up there. His company has two work schedules, commuter or in-camp.

Commuters are locals and go home every night. In-camp come up for a 2-week on/2-week off schedule. These people go back to the lower 48 in between rotations.

He mentioned today the company has consolidated to one schedule: 4-week on/4-week off all in camp; no visitors.

He starts his sentence on Monday and, as a commuter, said this rotation will be his last time in the hole barring any changes in policy.
    Which mine? I used to inspect one up near Juneau, thinkit was called Kensington. Took about 2 hours to get to the mine from Juneau via bus and ferry boat. Wonder if it is the one your buddy worked at, two weeks on site, no bourbon allowed on site.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Which mine? I used to inspect one up near Juneau, thinkit was called Kensington. Took about 2 hours to get to the mine from Juneau via bus and ferry boat. Wonder if it is the one your buddy worked at, two weeks on site, no bourbon allowed on site.

Hawk Inlet. Hecla Greens Creek, I think is who it is.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Scotch, vodka and tequila are ok though?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom