• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wendigo19

Lover of surplus, licker of cosmoline
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2021
    Canyon Lake Tx
    They're decent mags but they're edges are sharp so putting them in any fabric pouch will tear it up but as just range mags they're really nice

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Issues with Magpul ak mags is their feed lips crack if you drop a mag, doesn't happen 100% of the time but it is an issue. Surplus is the way to go
    Can’t say I believe that seeing how ductile the polymer was. Not trying to be disrespectful but I believe what I witnessed with ridiculous destructive testing over what’s said on the internet.

take magpul out of it and give me an oem arsenal waffle mag and I’ll still take that over a metal mag. Why? Just to ruffle your feathers. J/k.

Metal mags I’m picky with also. Not all are equal.

Last edited:

Wendigo19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2021
    Canyon Lake Tx
    Can’t say I believe that seeing how ductile the polymer was. Not trying to be disrespectful but I believe what I witnessed over what’s said on the internet.

take magpul out of it and give me an oem arsenal waffle mag and I’ll still take that over a metal mag. Why? Just to ruffle your feathers. J/k.

Metal mags I’m picky with also. Not all are equal.
    That i can agree with, but I left my magpul loaded for about a year or two and after dropping it it ejects rounds like crazy when it hits the ground, leaving mine loaded stretched the feed lips it looks like not to mention the crack on the bottom of the mag. I've dented a lot of my Romanian mags but I've been luck to bend em back into working condition lol

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    That i can agree with, but I left my magpul loaded for about a year or two and after dropping it it ejects rounds like crazy when it hits the ground, leaving mine loaded stretched the feed lips it looks like not to mention the crack on the bottom of the mag. I've dented a lot of my Romanian mags but I've been luck to bend em back into working condition lol
    That’s possible. Being durable under extreme stress can still be different that leaving a mag loaded long term.

A few reasons I like the latest generation with the stainless reinforcement is weight, corrosion, and being new production. Now as far as the testing done: I used to work for an 07. Long story short after throwing mags as hard as the boss could on pavement (in each case of polymer mags magpul being the only ones to stay functional) we put an ak mag in a vice. We compressed it until the vice limited out. The body smashed and bubbled out but returned to form and functioned. Is any of this more valuable than a metal mag? I’m sure only in specific cases.

Wendigo19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2021
    Canyon Lake Tx
    That’s possible. Being durable under extreme stress can still be different that leaving a mag loaded long term.

A few reasons I like the latest generation with the stainless reinforcement is weight, corrosion, and being new production. Now as far as the testing done: I used to work for an 07. Long story short after throwing mags as hard as the boss could on pavement (in each case of polymer mags magpul being the only ones to stay functional) we put an ak mag in a vice. We compressed it until the vice limited out. The body smashed and bubbled out but returned to form and functioned. Is any of this more valuable than a metal mag? I’m sure only in specific cases.
    I like polymer mags but my experience with their reliability has been here and there, they've all functioned well but I've cracked and chipped more of their feed lips and broken more of them than I have metal surplus ones but I think we can both agree that bakelite mags are king

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I like polymer mags but my experience with their reliability has been here and there, they've all functioned well but I've cracked and chipped more of their feed lips and broken more of them than I have metal surplus ones but I think we can both agree that bakelite mags are king
    Bakelite mags are also good road base that’s how good they are. Ok the picture looks to be rusted metal mags but still funny.
    D098431B-DCF3-4FC8-A987-18DC46F83A6B.jpeg

Top Bottom