• ...and so much more!
  • dstone20

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2018
    Georgetown
    Hello Folks,

I'm looking for an experienced AK gunsmith in the Austin area. I searched and came up with a few names, but most of the post were from a while back. So far, I am leaning towards reaching out to Blackjack Gunsmithing (https://www.blackjackguns.com) for what I need done. Since I'm relatively new to the area I wanted to ask, what say you folks? Anyone have experience with BlackJack? Anyone have any experience they wish to share with another AK Gunsmith in the area?

I should note that I emphasize "AK Gunsmith", because I have literally been told by gunsmiths that "I don't work on commie junk"...although we all know there are domestic made AKs nowadays. Old habits I guess? Also, I can hammer in a rivet and make it work if I wanted to. I want someone who knows what they are doing. I want someone who is intimately familiar with the platform.

I appreciate y'alls input.

-D
    Hurley's Gold

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I've had Alex over at Blackjack do several repairs for me over the years. His service is top notch. The only AK related thing I've had him do was replace the gas tub take down lever on an AES-10B RPK. Definitely would recommend him though.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    No AK stuff done there but a lot of other things done very well. AR10 barrel in there now getting installed as we speak. I would bet they know AK's very well.

Last edited:

dstone20

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2018
    Georgetown
    Thanks for the input folks. Sounds like BlackJack is GTG. @smittyb I'd be willing to drive for quality work, but not too far. At some point it becomes easier to just pack it up and ship it out for the work I need done.

Top Bottom