• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Looking for someone who has the equipment to rivet an AK together and would be willing to give me a hand with putting mine together once I get all the stuff in hand (I will pay of course... cash or pizza and beer ). Let me know!
    ARJ Defense ad

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    if not let me know im buying a new riveter soon. Kind of drive for you but, if all else fails.

I feel like your post might be missing some information? haha Round Rock wouldn't be too bad of a drive, I could probably swing that on a weekend. Are you selling your old equipment?

We have a member here who has built an AK or two.....PM Mr. Wakal.

Ill do that. Thanks for the direction!

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Eh some people say thats too far. I live on the cedar park/rr boarder. I ordered it today so maybe next friday Ill have it. Dont think youd want to buy my old one, cant do the long through rivets, had to modify it then after two builds.. it broke.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Eh some people say thats too far. I live on the cedar park/rr boarder. I ordered it today so maybe next friday Ill have it. Dont think youd want to buy my old one, cant do the long through rivets, had to modify it then after two builds.. it broke.

PM inbound

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I do a lot of weird things to AK pattern guns, but mostly in the shotgun barrel versions. Never bent and riveted one, but I need to set up the fixtures for just that since I have a hankerin' for a full auto Krink...right now, though, I'm almost (ALMOST) as useless as Obama at a economics conference.

O

A

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I dont have a bending die for a 1.6mm flat. All I have is 1mm.

If your going to go that route, bend it and then ship to a guy on akfiles and he will fully heat treat the shell and a the rails separate. If you just heat treat the axis pin holes your ak will be worse than a wasr 10, meaning it will wear out quicker.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    If y'all need help, I can help. The shop is very messy right now. I'm set up for 7.62, for the time being.

i can't do your receiver work you have to do that. I can help show though.

They have me working 8 hrs day right now so I have a little more free time.

j.r.flaco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Austin
    I thank you for the offer, maybe now I get these builds done. I have two NoDakSupd receivers for 2 Romanian 7.62 kits, need to check parts inventory. Keep me posted.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Youll need rivets, if they are fixed stocked then get akm rivets. I cant help with putting a finish on them, also are the barrels original? Or are they us barrels with at least the extractor cut and the hand guard retainer cut? Plus youll need to make them 922 compliant.

riqi007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I sure would be interested in a AK build party in the Hill Country. I have a Bulgarian AK74 kit coming in and a Bulgarian AK47 kit got here today. I ordered a Nodak Spud receiver for the AK74 and a CNC Warrior receiver for the AK47. Haven't tried building anything since a couple of 1919A4s about a decade ago. I figured it was about time to try something new.

Cheers,

Rick

Top Bottom