• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I started off with an Umarex Origin. I was pretty impressed with the performance and accuracy of that entry level PCP, but after about 7000 rounds it developed a fatal leak. Umarex customer service replaced the gun without hesitation, but. I wanted something more that could be used to deal with predators in the chicken pen at night without disturbing the neighbors.

The Airforce TalonP seemed just the right PCP for the job, so I got myself one for Christmas last year.
    IMG_2012sm.jpg

.25 caliber and 50+fps energy.
    Pretty accurate too.
    IMG_2013sm.jpg

85 yards. The first shot was to sight in. After a quick adjustment, game was on!

The odd tank/buttstock configuration was the one thing I did not care for with the Airforce guns, so a few months ago I talked to Doug Russel at MadDog stocks and got my new stock last week.
    MadDogTalonP.jpg

This really transformed the gun!
    Next is a larger air tank. I can get 25 or 30 shots at lower power settings now, but what fun is a gun capable of 50 ft/lbs if you turn it down to British airgun specs?

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    One more thing.
    Anyone considering one of these should know. It is LOUD! Definitely not backyard friendly. I put a Talon Tunes suppressor on mine. That was money well spent!

Top Bottom