• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Some of these rifles are absolutely gorgeous, but on a lark I checked the prices and good NIGHT. They're uh... a bit more expensive than my old Red Rider :laughing:

I did find the Hatsan Flashpup in .22 pellet, though, and it might end up being the answer to the squirrel menace in the backyard. Little monsters have gotten brave as of late.
    If you shoot it you better eat it.

Sergei

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2022
    Corinth
    some of the high-end PCPs above
    Completely off topic, but... I used to be a CO, and while I now know (after some very careful googling) the letters PCP in this context refer to pre charged pneumatic rifles... I was very VERY confused the first time I read through that :laughing:

Anyway, back on topic I appreciate the information. I used to have an old Red Rider and a couple different pellet trainers from various militaries, all of which were extremely fun, but nowhere near the level of the professional rigs on here. Which reminds me, I need to go track down that old Romanian pellet trainer. It's a .177 single shot break action that's just powerful enough to give a squirrel a bad day, but it's just good old fashioned fun to knock cans off the fence with it.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Some of these rifles are absolutely gorgeous, but on a lark I checked the prices and good NIGHT. They're uh... a bit more expensive than my old Red Rider :laughing:

I did find the Hatsan Flashpup in .22 pellet, though, and it might end up being the answer to the squirrel menace in the backyard. Little monsters have gotten brave as of late.
    They are pricey but if you look at the cost of shooting them, the price isn't so bad.
    I don't have the numbers in front of me at the moment, but in the last year, I have shot over 10,000 rounds in just one of the three PCP air rifles that I own.
    just compare that to a even a rimfire rifle and tell me again how expensive these air rifles are.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    My Walther 6mm BB pistol. I use it to plink in the back yard.
    54047F6C-FA0B-4D1D-873F-4BC1ADACA0EE.jpeg 63612766-D800-464F-BD32-82A1A22628D2.jpeg

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015

Yes the initial cost is high, and then for PCPs you have the cost keeping them aired up.
    But consider this. My first PCP I shot over 7000 pellets in less than 6 months. I haven't really been keeping count since then, but when I am home, I shoot at least once a day and often 2 to three That is right at 200 shots per session.
    Just guessing, but I would say that I have pulled the trigger well over 20,000 times since I got mine.

How much money would we be talking if that were one of my 22lrs or my second most often shot gun a 9mm CZ Shadow 2?

The real advantage is that I can step out my back door to my 85 yard range and shoot any time I want without upsetting Doug the liberal just down the road from me.

Top Bottom