• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMG2010

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    TX
    Hey PMG, I would be willing to bet you actually have a bad start-up capacitor and not a bad fan unit. Have you actually checked for power at the fan(it's actually pretty dangerous) ? Do you hear the compressor turn on. If neither operate, you should check to see if your contactor is "pulling in". That is a sign that the control panel is trying to energize the outdoor components. It uses a 24V system and you can see it and hear it click when someone turns it on inside. If your system actually runs w/out a fan, it will toast the compressor in no time flat. Start a new thread or PM me and we'll talk about it - texmex

It was the fan. Already replaced it. Unit works great now.

Thanks.

PMG2010

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    TX
    Hmmm...here we go again. Guys, do any of you have any idea as to cost of running a business?

Red, Please read my post again. I had no problem with the labor rates. I understand them. I respect them. You pay for expertise. I actually expected higher on the 2nd guy's estimate.

[QUOTE = PMG2010] I fully understand the cost of the trip fees and cost of the labor in both cases. [/QUOTE]

But IMHO the cost of materials was exorbitant - just dishonestly high. Go ahead & charge me a trip fee for the gas costs. Go ahead & Charge me $125/hr for your expertise. But when the thing needs a $15 part, don't charge me $250 for it! Shipping & restocking overhead is one thing, 1000% up-charge is another.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom