• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Dang. I always have fun when I shoot.

If you're having fun, you're probably not being safe. And if you're aiming, you aren't going to hit what you're shooting at.

Just how many people have you killed on the range, Robert?
    Military Camp

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    One big point is this is aimed at very new shooters. And is pointing them at its more important to hold the gun still than to aim in close quarters. If someone is 10Ft from you do you really need to take it slow and line up everything to hit center mass if you hold the gun still nope. If you dont aim will you hit the second button down dead center nope but in self defense if you hit within a 6-8 inch circle of that button you have a very high chance of stopping the threat.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Seen those videos a few months ago, tried it out a bit. Seemed to work for just scoring hits, but if I want tight groups, I'm gonna keep focusing on the front sight and not the target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Bringing the sights up to eye level repeatedly. In the same pattern of motion.
    Yep. I completely understand what he's saying about aiming, but being consistent in your presentation is just as important. He keeps saying not moving the gun out of alignment is most important, but isn't addressing how to get aligned in the first place.

lmao

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2017
    the only times I've had to fire (attacking dogs) i distinctly remember sighting, cause I knew that a head shot was necessary (ie, .22lr)

11C1P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    N.D.
    IDK about all that. I'd like to know how many deer he's shot at 300+ yards without aiming. Or anything smaller than a 2 story building at that range without aiming. Are there stories of people just closing their eyes squeezing & hitting, sure. I don't think you're going to consistently be successful with that approach though. But it's a free country so blast away!

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Did you happen to watch the vid and read the thread. Its about close life threatening situations. Where there is no real need to take the extra 2 seconds to get that perfect window frame line up. The extra time used to do that could lead to a knife in your neck or a kick to the nuts.

It is a skill you should at least test out in case you are in a hand to hand situation where you cant get the gun in front of your face to aim.

IDK about all that. I'd like to know how many deer he's shot at 300+ yards without aiming. Or anything smaller than a 2 story building at that range without aiming. Are there stories of people just closing their eyes squeezing & hitting, sure. I don't think you're going to consistently be successful with that approach though. But it's a free country so blast away!

11C1P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    N.D.
    Did you happen to watch the vid and read the thread. Its about close life threatening situations. Where there is no real need to take the extra 2 seconds to get that perfect window frame line up. The extra time used to do that could lead to a knife in your neck or a kick to the nuts.

It is a skill you should at least test out in case you are in a hand to hand situation where you cant get the gun in front of your face to aim.

I watched some of it, but the title doesn't say aiming up close with a pistol is useless, it says aiming is useless. For an arms length emergency, I didn't know this was earth shattering info that point & squeeze is a good method, but I'm sure it's new to some. I'd suggest you contact the guy who made the video, he really should have worded it better, cause in fact, aiming is not useless 98% of the time.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I watched some of it, but the title doesn't say aiming up close with a pistol is useless, it says aiming is useless. For an arms length emergency, I didn't know this was earth shattering info that point & squeeze is a good method, but I'm sure it's new to some. I'd suggest you contact the guy who made the video, he really should have worded it better, cause in fact, aiming is not useless 98% of the time.

Jeez, seriously? The title has to spell out in exact detail what the thread is about?

And feel free to contact Rob Leatham, the guy who made the video, yourself and provide him your insightful criticism. I am sure he'll love hearing your feedback on how to shoot. Apparently being a 24-time USPSA National champion and 7-time International Practical Shooting Confederation World Champion doesn't compare to someone who fires mortars in the Army...

11C1P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    N.D.
    Welcome to the Forum, 11C1P.

Go to the introduction area & tell us something about yourself.
    You mean like this one I started yesterday? https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/hello-from-northerner.87236/unread
    Jeez, seriously? The title has to spell out in exact detail what the thread is about?

And feel free to contact Rob Leatham, the guy who made the video, yourself and provide him your insightful criticism. I am sure he'll love hearing your feedback on how to shoot. Apparently being a 24-time USPSA National champion and 7-time International Practical Shooting Confederation World Champion doesn't compare to someone who fires mortars in the Army...

I guess words are hard for some, but maybe something like "When aiming is useless". That's pretty hard I know.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I would agree with you that most of the time aiming is a good thing. But in the context of this thread aiming is not as important as surviving.

I can tell you are going to enjoy your time on this board
    Welcome

Top Bottom