• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Since the Aquila incident I have shot eight magazines (over 200 rounds) using Hornady, Fiocchi, and CCI and have not had one malfunction\ with the Kel Tec. I took it to the range today and shot another 50 rounds of CCI with no problems. I'm pretty sure it was the ammo and not the Kel Tec.
    There are reports on the internet of this type of problem which is why I asked.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    There are reports on the internet of this type of problem which is why I asked.

Thanks for the article. Looks like the older PMR30 had problems, I bought this one in early June so hope all the previous problems were corrected in the newer ones. I noticed that the original magazines did not fit high enough into the feeding chamber but that was fixed early on. So far no problems with ammo other than Aquila
    BTW I filed a complaint with Aquila and they are going to buy back all the ammo I bought which was 4 boxes at $18 a box.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I have to agree with Hoji. Not likely to ever happen.

Pretty hard to arrest, prosecute and convict them, when the the cops, prosecutors and judges are either corrupt, or have been intimidated.
    I have to agree with Hoji. Not likely to ever happen.

Pretty hard to arrest, prosecute and convict them, when the the cops, prosecutors and judges are either corrupt, or have been intimidated.
    One can have hope though. Years ago, as in once upon a time a few decades ago, an illegal alien (as in a person who entred the United States illegally without presenting to the I&NS and being an illegal alien regardless of race, color, creed, sexual preference, gender, and yada, yada, yada, just so mods do not think I am being borderline racist - yes that was a pun - in my selection of descriptor) - now where was I:

Oh yeah, an illegal alien assaulted me as I arrested him. Got him in cuffs and walking to my vehicle he tried to kick me in the balls. I tightened his cuffs and dragged him to my vehicle and then 5 or 6 other illegal aliens assaulted me and we had a tug of war. They won and got my handcuffed prisoner back into Mexico but I hept my revolver that they also went for. I wound up with a cracked sternum and zyphoid process. I also shot a warning shot at one illegal who came back saying he was going to kill me who was also urging about 15 to 20 more to come over to do likewise. As they came, I fired just over the head of the ring leader. The shot literally parted his hair but I will never, not ever fire a warning shot again, more paperwork and interviews than had I shot someone - I know. Next day the Chief Patrol Agent told a reporter I had saved my own life by doing firing a warning shot, thus I was off the hook and not looking at a possible criminal trial for having shot an unarmed POS.

Anyway, the Mexican cops caught the guy with my handcuffs. About two or three days later, when I was recovered enough, another Border Patrol Agent and myself went to see the head of homicide for the Judiciales in Mexicali at his request supposedly to retrieve my handcuffs. We did not know he was in homicide until we got there and we got nervous thinking maybe the guy had died and they would arrest me. He asked me what had happened. In my best crapola Spanish I explained. The other agent, who was a little less poor at Spanish than me, tried to help. The hardest part was understanding the chief.

The chief explained, as best we understood, the guy had been caught and here were my handcuffs. He said he was in infamous Mexican hellhole of a jail. I always think he said La Tuna but as far as I know that is a jail in or near El paso, TX. Also said that he was on a diet of bread, water and cucarachas so that kind of rules out a U.S. federal prison, at least they give the prisoners rotten tuna fish sandwiches and green ham. So, some folks other than U.S. tourists really do go to jail in Mexico. According to the chief, this guy was going to be there a long time because he also had fought with the Baja California del Norte Judiciales (the state police as opposed to Mexican federal police). When they took the cuffs of his near blackened hands - the chief said they thought it was a miracle he did not lose those hands. Apparently I had tightened the cuffs way too tightly when the guy started to struggle with me or they tightened during the tug of war with the other Mexicans.

Before leaving, we had to ask the chief about something unrelated.

He had an interesting little hexagonal tank on his desk. As I recall he had a: tarantula, sidewinder, scorpion and a horned toad in it. They were all in their respective spots and all facing the middle of the tank. The only movement was a very slow up and down sway of the sidewinder's partially exposed tongue. Now, I am not advocating such a spectacle nor am I advocating animal cruelty - just relaying what I saw, first hand, on his desk and what he said about it as far as we could make out. Said he had them in there for a couple or few days or so as best my little gray cells serve me. The chief said he was waiting for one to make a move and then to see which one came out the winner. I figured the lizard was a sure loser but do not remember that we ever found out who won. Some sick dudes in LE down south of the border.

Anyway, I got my cuffs back and both the other agent and I were happy to be out of there and back across the border lo mas pronto que possible! Of course, that guy did not have a pot to piss in and went to jail. The guys who hijacked the ammo probably were with organized crime so they will likely fare better but as I said, one can hope!

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I had the same exact issue with mine. I was shooting CCI 40g HPs. Gun was mfg in 2019, bought in 2019.

Keltec replaced the barrel with an “enhanced” barrel.

I don’t think it was the ammo that made it do that. Another guy had the same issue with Hornady ammo. It’s a gun issue. I got my repaired gun back but have not shot it yet. Aquila might be crappy ammo but it isn’t the reason for that malfunction.

You might search for my old post. Your pics look like my pics.

BTW, CCI 40g HPs are THE ammo suggested by Keltec for that gun.

Top Bottom