Join TexasGunTalk

After this week...

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by oldag, Jun 26, 2020.

1. seeker_two

seeker_two TGT Addict

Jul 1, 2008
    Sounds like my range days. I'm seriously considering taking a beginner shooter course to relearn the fundamentals.....

2. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    Odd, when I take a hiatus from shooting and go back my skills are the same...I think fair to good, but maybe I'm fooling myself though the steel goes ding and the paper targets get shot up with decent grouping...I said, ''decent' not pro-shooter quality.

seeker_two likes this.
  3. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    For me, to a certain level that is true.

Skills stay good enough to get the job done.

But the really tight groupings fade when I am not out regularly.

Wish I could do as well as you, but sadly that is not the case.

4. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

My dad dropped out of High school because going off to fight WWII was better living conditions then he had @ home. His 4 older brother did the same.

SURVIVOR619 and 308nato like this.
  5. SURVIVOR619

SURVIVOR619 Active Member

Dec 31, 2017
    US
    @baboon I appreciate your dad for what he did. Thank him for me if you can and if not, I thank his spirit as well as you as his son. Similar situation in my family for which I am proud and thankful.

6. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Another one of those weeks.

Think I'm going to have to hit the range again...

7. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Can't thank my dad or uncles in person, nor would they want the thanking. They all were proud of what they could do for America!

I remember as a young kid my dad working nights & graveyards shift. The reason was he did not have a high school diploma. I remember him going back to school for the diplomaHe could have gotten a GED real easy but opted for a diploma. Made damn sure his kid graduated high school to.

On a side note of government waste after my dad had retired some idiot congress women pissed away hard telling how much to see that guys like my dad got their diplomas 50 years after the fact.

SURVIVOR619 likes this.