• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Since they are declining on giving a press release or official statement of the event at this time, pending an ongoing investigation, it's quite likely they might end up firing the trooper, or ask him to resign. I think much of what could, or might happen to the trooper might very well hinge on his past performance and history as a LE officer and whether similar incidents or complaints have been filed against him in the past.

He's damned lucky he was only wounded. No badge or ID as to being a LE officer at all. Even had the homeowner heard him say he was a LE officer, doesn't mean a person is just suppose to accept that as fact, especially given incident that happened prior to them getting home. Someone follows you home under such circumstances, and no badge or identification, sure is a good way to end up getting shot.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Shooting through a door is a big no-no.
    Shooting a person who says "police" with no identification is a jury-flipper.
    But I guess the grand jury in that county is full of cop-haters so good for the home-owner, he's free to go. This could have been ugly, like Sgt. Perry's manufactured murder case in commie Austin.

Grey Pilgrim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2021
    Texas
    Yeah for safety reasons #1. Also hard to justify reasonable self defense if you can’t see the attacker. But apparently it can be done. Without the video and the aggressive driving, probably not.
    But I guess the grand jury in that county is full of cop-haters so good for the home-owner, he's free to go. This could have been ugly, like Sgt. Perry's manufactured murder case in commie Austin.
    Could be. Fort Worth was controlling protests/riots over the past year, in ways some people didn’t like. But I am associating the cop-haters as progressives.

Anyone think it’s possible the DPS hates this guy and just wasn’t really looking for a conviction here?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Anyone think it’s possible the DPS hates this guy and just wasn’t really looking for a conviction here?
    That's a part of the (probably) 20 scenarios I can imagine that would produce this outcome. As of now, all of it would be just wild guesses.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    What the hell was this trooper thinking?
    I suspect DPS is trying to get rid of him, they aren't releasing anything but don't seem to be defending him, either.

Eli
    Probably waiting for a reasonable amount of time before "your two weeks notice of leaving the DPS has been accepted. Please submit it NOW!"

The problem is, he might not have learned his lesson. If the DPS does not work to get his TCOLE certifications revoked or rescinded, not only might he do it again, but next time he might hurt someone.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Hard to have absolutes.

I can think of a several viable reasons I can justifiably employ deadly force through a barrier. Just because you say Police, doesn’t get you a pass, especially when not in uniform and not in a marked vehicle. Where’s your creds (not just badge, but agency creds)?

Don’t have to be cop-haters, but given the elements of TPC 9, I would have no-billed this with only what I know from the article. Is it reasonable to believe, given the the totality of the evidence known to the accused at the time, to justify use of force? Yes. Use of deadly force? Yes.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

His status as a cop is irrelevant.

He acted like a thug, he got shot like one.

Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    While it is perfectly legal to shoot through your door in some circumstances, I am not sure this circumstance would be included there. The grand jury does not agree with me in this case and that is fine. I think it could easily have gone the other way. It didn't and I am glad for the shooter. That the shootee was a trooper is really irrelevant. That he shouted police is irrelevant. Anybody can should police and bad guys often do.

The problem with shooting through the door is not knowing where the bullet will go.

The trooper handled the situation WRONG.

Top Bottom