• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Chambers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Round Rock
    Student review and some pictures can be found here: Defensive Pistol Skills May 28-29 with John Chambers

Lessons learned:

1. Small pistols may be easy to carry, but they are harder to run. The Catch 22 of the situation is that the smaller pistols often fit the hands of smaller statured shooters much better than a larger pistol. And those with smaller hands quite often do not have the hand strength that "hairy-chested-he-men" would consider normal. There is usually a balance between size and efficiency that can be found, but it will take some testing on the range.

2. Hand, arm, and shoulder strength are VERY important for new pistol fighters, and they should work to develop this strength. By the end of Day 1, the shooters were feeling strain in places that were new to them.

3. Training in extreme heat can be done without issue, as long as you plan for it. Everyone had plenty of water, food, sun block, and smarts! We took breaks as needed and nobody went down from the heat.
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• IMAG0399.jpg
      IMAG0399.jpg
      16.8 KB · Views: 110

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Awesome :) I got hooked on training as a "fun time" when I did a pistol course when I was stationed in North Carolina. It was one of the most educational and fun times I've had with my Glock 17 :)

Top Bottom