• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just tryin to be funny..... I don't like the new trend of square toed boots.... I lived through the "Dingo Boot" fad... didn't like them then, either.
    I also don't like that nearly all new cowboy hats have squared off fronts....

So, my comment was tongue in cheek, about the "fake" cowboys in that picture.

Seems like I wouldn't have to explain this, but here we are.... :laughing: :laughing:
    Surely, many boots were designed with something other than a Human foot as guide.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Take the MAGAzine spring out and check the follower.
    Mine can from the factory with broken PLASTIC one.

jason237m

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2023
    DFW
    I have used a Marlin Lever Action in .35 Remington to take hogs for years and years, it has served me very well and is a more interesting caliber than 30-30. Almost anything can be threaded if needed.

45-70 is a good choice too but as has been mentioned you should probably reload that. I have a single shot 45-70 with a supressor I occasionally use for hogs. I like it because I have it loaded subsonic with a 500gr bullet. Sounds like a .22lr and kicks like a 12ga shotgun.

Last edited:

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I'm in the market for a lever action rifle. I'm looking for some advice and information on manufacturers/models/caliber.

I'm wanting a rifle with a .4x caliber, wood furniture, and preferably a threaded barrel. Use of the rifle would be shooting hogs, and turning money into noise.

Caliber: easy to find and relatively inexpensive.
    .45-70 pros and cons? At $2 a round I'm leaning against this caliber.
    .44 mag pros and cons? If I go with this caliber, I might just have to add .44mag revolver.
    Other calibers?

Manufacturers: Ruger, Marlin, Henry, Winchester? Here's where I get lost. Any others to add?

Any information and advice is welcome.

Thanks.
    Well, you may have already fixed this dilemma but I just wanted to mention that Rossi makes a "tactical" version of their R92 and iirc, it has a threaded barrel. Also has a rail to mount optics if that's your thing. Personally, I like more traditional... but if you do too and just want the threaded barrel, you can always trade-out the furniture - Rossie sell furniture for very reasonable prices on it's web site. And Rossi's are American made... OK, South America lol I saw references to pre-64 Winchesters and older Marlins - heck yeah! Love em but they will be pricey. The Rossi's are still reasonable...

Top Bottom