Adaptive Defensive Shooting Summit

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 24, 2012
Hill County
It was absolutely awesome. And even the weather cooperated. Most of the time, folks were in t-shirts, and not parkas. Incredible weather considering the location and time of year. Was still cold at 06: too early, and at night, though. Thirties and forties. Mid to upper sixties during the day. The previous weekend had accumulation of snow, and this weekend it showed low to mid twenties at night and thirties and forties for highs this weekend. Perfect timing for this.

Facebook link is below. Not much there yet as it is still young.

https://www.facebook.com/AdaptiveShoot

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
Dec 24, 2012
Hill County
A bit of back story about the last four pics. Starting from top to bottom

The guy in the green hat, holding the white stick, is legally blind, and then some. All three of the guys in the wheelchairs ended up placing in the top ten.

The guy in the "Team Glock" shirt is a brand ambassador for Glock. He is also one of the ex-cops that was injured in the line of duty. Also a wealth of knowledge about competition shooting.

The guy in the Cowboy hat, ridin' the motorized cart, is the training manager and lead instructor at a range out near Memphis, or Nashville, can't remember which. He is also the victim of a bad dose of a vaccination.

In the bottom photo, far right, in the "R.E.D." t-shirt is yours truly, just after I lost my balance during draw and dry fire exercises. My muffs were readjusted before live fire, thankfully.

Last edited:

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
Dec 24, 2012
Hill County
On an additional note, I was informed that the 3rd annual ADSS event IS going to held next year, though the exact dates have not been finalized yet. If y'all know of anyone that might be interested in this, or if you are interested in attending/participating in this event, please click on the link below or PM me.

https://adaptiveshoot.com/

To Mods and Staff: I am strictly just a participant in this. And I'm not selling anything, just want to spread the word about this and get as many people with disabilities involved in a fantastically fun and educational experience as possible.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads