Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    She reportedly told a fellow officer at the scene “If my son had been in there, I would not have been outside,” she said. “I promise you that.”

But since her kid wasn’t in there, she did nothing.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Very concerning if this statement from the article above is true.

“Based on analysis of surveillance and body cameras at the scene, he walks back into the hallway at 12:17 p.m. and mentions injured victims to a Border Patrol officer. At 12:18 p.m., he does not mention the children when a Texas Ranger talks to him about organizing the flow of information.

Pargas is last observed walking away from the school’s entrance at 12:20 p.m.
    New angles of the hallway security cameras obtained by CNN confirm Pargas does not reenter the hallway near room 112 where officers are gathering and eventually breach the classroom door some 30 minutes later.”

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I can only guess they came to an agreement with the City of Uvalde, or the Constables to provide LE then for the schools? Suspending the whole PD seems short sighted if they didn't.

Not to be rude, but based on what we all saw at the school the PD was nothing more than a false sense of security. With the PD suspended the citizens at least know exactly where they stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Uvalde Police Lt acting as Chief on May 24 retired in lieu of termination hearing this week.

Lt. Mariano Pargas, who was the acting police chief on the day of the mass school shooting in Uvalde, stepped down from the Uvalde Police Department on Thursday, just days before city leaders were to decide his fate.

If note, Pargas was re-elected to his seat as a Uvalde County Commissioner.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Uvalde Police Lt acting as Chief on May 24 retired in lieu of termination hearing this week.

Lt. Mariano Pargas, who was the acting police chief on the day of the mass school shooting in Uvalde, stepped down from the Uvalde Police Department on Thursday, just days before city leaders were to decide his fate.

If note, Pargas was re-elected to his seat as a Uvalde County Commissioner.
    Too bad it isn’t a situation where, if proven to be true, he could be stripped of retirement pay.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It’s been a while since there was an update. Lots of fear-mongering/bias in this Texas Tribune piece, but confirms the first LEOs on-scene made a decision I originally did not fathom they could make.

In previously unreleased interviews, police who responded to the Robb Elementary shooting told investigators they were cowed by the shooter’s military-style rifle. This drove their decision to wait for a Border Patrol SWAT team to engage him, which took more than an hour.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    From that article ^^

"A Texas Tribune investigation, based on police body cameras, emergency communications and interviews with investigators that have not been made public, found officers had concluded that immediately confronting the gunman would be too dangerous. Even though some officers were armed with the same rifle, they opted to wait for the arrival of a Border Patrol SWAT team, with more protective body armor, stronger shields and more tactical training — even though the unit was based more than 60 miles away..."

Wow. Just wow.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    That was a decision made long after he made entry. They had already decided that they weren't going in...because the chief proclaimed it a hostage situation.

For the first 20 or 30 minutes, they didn't know that the Border Patrol swat team would be there. Why they didn't rely on their own SWAT team is beyond me. Remember Uvalde SWAT's FB picture, showing them all kitted up, saying they were touring schools, like badass tough guys that we now know to be cowards.

Top Bottom