• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    UCISD just put Arredondo on admin leave. Earlier this week he was voted not to get an extended leave of absence by the city council cause he missed 3 consecutive meetings. So he’s considered to have vacated his seat. They are slowly throwing him under the bus and he’s gonna be the fall guy for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correction necessary. Arredondo hasn’t vacated his city seat.

“Though he is a recently elected council member, Arredondo was not present at the meeting. Relatives of the victims asked that the City Council not approve Arredondo’s requested leave of absence from council meetings.

City leaders unanimously denied the leave of absence, which will result in Arredondo losing his District 3 seat if he misses three consecutive meetings.”

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Now TX DPS is in the hot seat....

Yeah, the city mayor is pretty hot under the collar. Emphasis added below is mine.

“McLaughlin lambasted McCraw for what he described as a selective release of information about the investigation, focusing on blaming local law enforcement and leaving out the role of McCraw’s agency during the shooting.

“McCraw has continued to, whether you want to call it, lie, leak … mislead or misstate information in order to distance his own troopers and rangers from the response,” McLaughlin said Tuesday evening.

McLaughlin said none of the entities with information about the investigation into the May 24 shooting at Robb Elementary School — DPS, the Texas Legislature, the Uvalde County District Attorney’s office and the FBI — have briefed Uvalde city officials about their findings.

Reactions: gll

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Correction necessary. Arredondo hasn’t vacated his city seat.

“Though he is a recently elected council member, Arredondo was not present at the meeting. Relatives of the victims asked that the City Council not approve Arredondo’s requested leave of absence from council meetings.

City leaders unanimously denied the leave of absence, which will result in Arredondo losing his District 3 seat if he misses three consecutive meetings.”

I had originally read that he had missed 3 or was about to. Looks like they won’t factor in the emergency meeting he missed in that tally. My money is he’s laying low and it’s only a matter of time till they replace him for vacating the seat. Also looks like if they don’t the citizens there might petition for his removal. Just a matter of time either way and he’s off the council.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    The kind of people involved here, who fail to help the most vulnerable at the moment of their greatest need, and are all about CYA and so quick to blame others while denying any possible responsibility -- it's sad that our system allows such people to accumulate in positions which exist to provide aid.

I'd say the system needs, at least down in Uvalde, a very deep cleansing.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Won't be surprised if we learn the soon-to-be-former chief eats his own gun over this. I don't think there'll be a lot of citizens shedding big tears if that happens, though I don't advocate for it. Seems pretty clear he's incompetent, and his honesty is questionable at this point. TCOLE needs to investigate and strip his certifications if he's found to have violated the law or ethics policies. Never be a cop again. Take away his damn pension. Dude can try making a go of it in the private sector, maybe move to some jerk water town in Arkansas or Wyoming where no one will have ever heard of him.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Won't be surprised if we learn the soon-to-be-former chief eats his own gun over this…
    At this point, I will be. I’ve seen enough weird shît go down in complex incidents to know that once you’ve burned your version of events in your mind, there’s no hard evidence in the world that can change your mind.

It’s one very significant reason DoD relies on instrumented truth data, audio, and video to recreate the event so we can uncover mistakes and identify execution improvement opportunities.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Does anyone know why ISDs have their own police departments?

Why isn’t this the responsibility of the local sheriff or PD?

Is this the case in any states other than Texas?

Is this just so cop wannabes can wear spiffy uniforms?

ISDs do this. Colleges do this. Military institutions do this. Nuclear power plants have their own police forces. There are many reasons for this and may back in the day, there weren't these campus(es) specific PDs, but there are now and it is for better responses (supposedly). If there are not campus PDs, then they do fall under the guise of the local LEOs which may or may not have an SRO program.

Campus PDs are present in most US states, if not all, but they are not universal across ISDs.

If the ISD has a police department in Texas, it is TCLEOSE-based and so these are real officers. Calling them cop wannabes is about like saying any small town cop is just a cop wannabe, but being a school cop is about like being a small town cop, only some of the districts have enough students, faculty, and visitors to constitute small cities.

Take Dallas ISD. They have over 150k in students, alone, plus staff and faculty. They have their own PD as well.

Uvalde has about 4500 students, faculty, and staff, maybe a bit more.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Screenshot_20220623-093227_Instagram.jpg

So his daughter is supposedly inside and he stands there for 75 minutes...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Won't be surprised if we learn the soon-to-be-former chief eats his own gun over this. I don't think there'll be a lot of citizens shedding big tears if that happens, though I don't advocate for it. Seems pretty clear he's incompetent, and his honesty is questionable at this point. TCOLE needs to investigate and strip his certifications if he's found to have violated the law or ethics policies. Never be a cop again. Take away his damn pension. Dude can try making a go of it in the private sector, maybe move to some jerk water town in Arkansas or Wyoming where no one will have ever heard of him.
    Naw. If he was going to do that now, he would have gone in.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Won't be surprised if we learn the soon-to-be-former chief eats his own gun over this.

Nope. He's going to double down on his own narrative where he's the hero who was desperately trying to unlock the door with "key after key" even though we now know it was never locked. Maybe he'll move somewhere more liberal, where he can play up his self-styled hero status and make a good living off of it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    View attachment 327445

So his daughter is supposedly inside and he stands there for 75 minutes...

I would be real leery taking something way out of context from simply an image with text superimposed. Even assuming it’s the right person, right time, right knowledge. He may have just seen a teacher’s LEO husband get taken down for challenging the status quo/IC’s orders. Or may have been told to participate in that episode and decided nope and just realized how badly fucked up this whole thing had gotten.

There’s a whole bunch of people, DPS included, who have a stake in manipulating public opinion on this incident. In short, if it isn’t sourced and verifiable, then it’s propaganda.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    If he felt responsible I’d probably agree, but he doesn’t seem to believe he’s the reason this all went bad.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    “McLaughlin lambasted McCraw for what he described as a selective release of information about the investigation, focusing on blaming local law enforcement and leaving out the role of McCraw’s agency during the shooting.

McLaughlin said none of the entities with information about the investigation into the May 24 shooting at Robb Elementary School — DPS, the Texas Legislature, the Uvalde County District Attorney’s office and the FBI — have briefed Uvalde city officials about their findings.

1) I see little issue with DPS on scene given the fucking ISD/PD Chief was on scene first, it was his school and he was clearly in charge evidenced by his calls to 911, asking for SWAT, shields, keys, etc.

2) This mayor was literally at the press conferences with McCraw doing the briefing. The Beto incident being a prime example.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yeah, the city mayor is pretty hot under the collar. Emphasis added below is mine.

“McCraw has continued to, whether you want to call it, lie, leak … mislead or misstate information in order to distance his own troopers and rangers from the response,” McLaughlin said Tuesday evening.

The only thing I haven't heard, but wouldn't be surprised. It's Putin's fault!

Top Bottom