• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Can't post the mp4 but saw one dated 4/9/2022, palm trees arounds so could be Mexico. Bad guy with a gun approaches group of moms with kids - assume a school entrance. Tries to (apparently) grab a kid or enter door. Blond gal pulls pistol and puts him down. Then kicks the pistol away and rolls bad guy on stomach.
    Send her to our schools.

I did see a similar sounding video, I think she was a LEO in Mexico.
    This was quite some time ago, though.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The insanity of this whole situation is not just how badly the police handled this, but as a result we have a push for "Red Flag" laws. I understand that many wanted this killer to have his guns taken away before he could use them, but would that really have happened soon enough in this case? If this wasn't contrived, which I find very hard to believe it was, the timing was impeccable.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Whelp, looks like multiple media are on board with the narrative of the police doing nothing. This was just reported by WSJ, This isn't looking good for the officials.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Whelp, looks like multiple media are on board with the narrative of the police doing nothing. This was just reported by WSJ, This isn't looking good for the officials.

To be fair, today was the day DPS’ Chief McCraw appeared before the Senate special committee. It should be noted that McCraw has a significant conflict of interest as he (DPS) had the preponderance of LEOs on scene that day and at least one who is attributed as challenging the barricaded suspect tactics very early in the response and instead of doing something about, just washed his hands of the affair and decided to go find kids to evacuate.

I’ve said it before here, but I won’t be surprised to find some of the LEOs having to convince other LEOs not to shoot the BORTAC team before they could execute.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Another government ploy. They knew about what he was going to do ahead of time.
    Sacrificed 21 people to get attention for more gun takeaways.
    Are people really that sinister to allow something like this to happen? I mean, how many mass shootings and bombing actors were on law enforcement and the ABC agencies radar, but yet the act still took place? If @1911'S 4 Me would have made that statement to me 10, 15 years ago, I’d say he was on crack. From what I’ve seen over the past 5-6 years, I 100% agree with his statement. I’m not at all excited for where this country is headed.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    To be fair, today was the day DPS’ Chief McCraw appeared before the Senate special committee. It should be noted that McCraw has a significant conflict of interest as he (DPS) had the preponderance of LEOs on scene that day and at least one who is attributed as challenging the barricaded suspect tactics very early in the response and instead of doing something about, just washed his hands of the affair and decided to go find kids to evacuate.

I’ve said it before here, but I won’t be surprised to find some of the LEOs having to convince other LEOs not to shoot the BORTAC team before they could execute.
    So a DPS officer should have just kicked the Uvalde chief aside and taken over?

I'm okay with that, but would be a little surprised if protocol supported such.

AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    Are people really that sinister to allow something like this to happen? I mean, how many mass shootings and bombing actors were on law enforcement and the ABC agencies radar, but yet the act still took place? If @1911'S 4 Me would have made that statement to me 10, 15 years ago, I’d say he was on crack. From what I’ve seen over the past 5-6 years, I 100% agree with his statement. I’m not at all excited for where this country is headed.
    Today's version of Operation Northwoods

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So a DPS officer should have just kicked the Uvalde chief aside and taken over?

I'm okay with that, but would be a little surprised if protocol supported such.

NIMS protocol doesn’t support usurping command, but IC should have transferred to the most qualified, capable, and equipped at some point.

DPS’ position is that Arredondo was the IC by virtue of being their first (which is the way it works) but the ICs job isn’t tactical execution, it’s drawing el photo grande, triaging the various problems and directing problems get solved. Arredondo’s position is that he wasn’t IC, he was just a responder. That tells me either he wasn’t NIMS trained, he saw himself as the hero, or his lawyer has coached him to say that. I’m leaning towards the last option as a tactical responder shouldn’t be coordinating evacuations, tactical responses, and exercising command and control beyond their immediate team/scene. All of which Arredondo has said he was doing.

What is not in dispute is that both DPS and CBP have stated that inside the building an agency that was neither DPS nor CBP was in charge. As reported today, The excerpts of the body-camera footage presented Tuesday show authorities at the scene debated about whether or not to go into the classroom. At 11:53 someone asked whether there were still children inside the classroom, to which a DPS officer responded, “If there is, then they just need to go in.” At 11:56, a DPS special agent said, “If there’s kids in there, we need to go in there.” An unknown officer responded, “Whoever is in charge will determine that.”

The strategic corporal reference I made this morning alludes to the concept that too rigid a command and control structure hinders initiative and motivation. It’s an indictment of NIMS more than anything.

I’ve been willing to entertain fog of war as a valid excuse for command fuckups up until today. Now that it is on record that suitable equipment, trained LEOs, and motivated personnel were on scene and challenging the decision to continue with the barricaded suspect tactics. Recognizing the continued threat to life by an unresolved active shooter, the IC should have allowed the tactical responders to execute against the suspect. Let me rephrase; once the tactical lead for the active shooter portion of the incident had the capability to prosecute the threat, his duty was to inform the IC and execute.

That transcripts indicate either responders or the active shooter response lead were deferring to somebody as the IC, probably in good faith but likely not knowing either a) nobody was in charge or b) Arredondo lacked the situational awareness to be the IC. Knowing what I know based on the reported evidence, there was no compelling reason to not execute against the active shooter far earlier in the event timeline. It may not have changed much of the outcome, but it sure would not have lead to the damage that has been done.

I fear the transcripts will end up telling a story of telephone between Arredondo and a bunch of other people repeating what he said.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Screenshot_20220621-160908_Instagram.jpg

Just a post for clarification

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    they allowed us to stay in the middle east for 20 years, for naught, why does this surprise you?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Looks like there are several need to be charged as accessories to murder or at the least with negligent homicide.

If I was a cop, or even not, if my wife was in thwre and wounded and others detained and disarmed me and held me from helping her, let alone those kids.....
    They better be moving far, far away......

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom