• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FPrice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From 1500 miles away I have to say that this is not looking good for the law enforcement on-scene. At least not the people "in charge". And definitely not the COP. I am sure that there were a great many officers present who would have been brave enough to risk their lives to go in and engage the shooter.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

That article uses Tony Ploheski as a source. He’s one of the better investigative reporters in Texas. Writes for the Statesman.

If this photo from Ploheski’s twitter is accurate from a time stamp perspective, it sure does tell a different story than Arredondo’s statement released thru his lawyer.

676c6d943c1e77cd6b0f805eb5490014.jpg

If the time stamps also corroborate in time with LEO statements about wanting to breach counter to Arredondo’s statements, a strategic corporal was missing.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    That article uses Tony Ploheski as a source. He’s one of the better investigative reporters in Texas. Writes for the Statesman.

If this photo from Ploheski’s twitter is accurate from a time stamp perspective, it sure does tell a different story than Arredondo’s statement released thru his lawyer.

676c6d943c1e77cd6b0f805eb5490014.jpg

If the time stamps also corroborate in time with LEO statements about wanting to breach counter to Arredondo’s statements, a strategic corporal was missing.

Do I see a ballistic shield propped up against the wall there. Maybe the cops whining they didn’t have shields thought it was a wall decoration made by the kids…

I can see why the city thinks information released will be embarrassing. Maybe they think their tax paying residents will want to decorate some light poles around town. And in all honesty who could blame them??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    So a district PD officer wife is one of the teachers that was shot and eventually died. She calls him at 11:48 and tells him that's she's wounded, and nobody goes in, not even the husband. I can't understand this and I'm shocked these guys haven't started suck starting their pistols yet.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So a district PD officer wife is one of the teachers that was shot and eventually died. She calls him at 11:48 and tells him that's she's wounded, and nobody goes in, not even the husband. I can't understand this and I'm shocked these guys haven't started suck starting their pistols yet.

One such officer, a special agent at the Texas Department of Public Safety, had arrived around 20 minutes after the shooting started. He immediately asked: Are there still kids in the classrooms?

“If there is, then they just need to go in,” the agent said.

Another officer answered, “It is unknown at this time.”

The agent shot back, “Y’all don’t know if there’s kids in there?” He added, “If there’s kids in there we need to go in there.”

“Whoever is in charge will determine that,” came the reply.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    And these are the only folks who should be allowed to carry guns.

The level of incompetence at the leadership level and level of I don’t care about anything but following orders at the rubber/road interface is scary to say the least.

The more time that goes by, the more rampant this type of behavior gets imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Arredondo:

"OK, we have him in the room,” he said, speaking on his cellphone. “He’s got an AR-15. He’s shot a lot. He’s in the room. He hasn’t come out yet. We’re surrounded, but I don’t have a radio.

One shooter had them "surrounded"??

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I just read two accounts that Ramos wandered around outside for twelve minutes before entering the school. In those twelve minutes he was not challenged by LE.

This just gets worse and worse.
    That would certainly go against the narrative of a fast moving target. The guy across the street may have stopped to watch a little TV before running out with his gun only to be stopped by the police that then just arrived.

The timelines are not just pointing out incompetence, but possibly an outright disregard.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Typical CYA and we probably will never know truth. Only get sorted out in court in many yrs if Uvalde doesn't just pony up settlement $$. Last part is probably true, city/school doesn't want the public to know anything. Lawyers get paid and it all goes away.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-of...m-door-unlocked-shooting-officers-waited-keys

The head of the Texas Department of Public Safety said Tuesday that Uvalde police could have stopped the mass shooting at Robb Elementary within three minutes, calling their response an "abject failure."

McCraw on Tuesday again placed blamed on Pete Arredondo, the Uvalde school district police chief, for deciding to put the lives of officers ahead of children’s lives.

"The officers had weapons, while the children had none. The officers had body armor, the children had none. The officers had training, the subject had none," McCraw said Tuesday. "One hour, 14 minutes and eight seconds. That’s how long the children waited, and the teachers waited, in Room 111 to be rescued. And while they waited, the on-scene commander waited for radio and rifles. And he waited for shields, and he waited for SWAT. Lastly, he waited for a key that was never needed."

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-of...m-door-unlocked-shooting-officers-waited-keys

The head of the Texas Department of Public Safety said Tuesday that Uvalde police could have stopped the mass shooting at Robb Elementary within three minutes, calling their response an "abject failure."

McCraw on Tuesday again placed blamed on Pete Arredondo, the Uvalde school district police chief, for deciding to put the lives of officers ahead of children’s lives.

"The officers had weapons, while the children had none. The officers had body armor, the children had none. The officers had training, the subject had none," McCraw said Tuesday. "One hour, 14 minutes and eight seconds. That’s how long the children waited, and the teachers waited, in Room 111 to be rescued. And while they waited, the on-scene commander waited for radio and rifles. And he waited for shields, and he waited for SWAT. Lastly, he waited for a key that was never needed."
    Arredondo should pack up and leave town if he has any dignity or integrity left.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border

The whole situation would have been inconceivable if it had not actually happened. So many failures at once, by supposedly trained LE Officers, are were beyond the scope of my imagination. I thought nothing as bad of a failure would ever happen again after Waco.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

.....or that these officers haven't had some lively parent-cop "conferences" yet.....

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    “Three minutes after the subject entered the West building, there was sufficient number of armed officers wearing body armor to isolate, distract, and neutralize the subject,” McCraw continued. “The only thing stopping the hallway of dedicated officers from entering room 111 and 112 was the on-scene commander who decided to place the lives of officers before the lives of children.”

‘Abject Failure’: TX Police Commander Says Key ‘Was Not Needed,’ Uvalde Gunman Could’ve Been Stopped In Three Minutes​

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Can't post the mp4 but saw one dated 4/9/2022, palm trees arounds so could be Mexico. Bad guy with a gun approaches group of moms with kids - assume a school entrance. Tries to (apparently) grab a kid or enter door. Blond gal pulls pistol and puts him down. Then kicks the pistol away and rolls bad guy on stomach.
    Send her to our schools.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom