• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    UCISD just put Arredondo on admin leave. Earlier this week he was voted not to get an extended leave of absence by the city council cause he missed 3 consecutive meetings. So he’s considered to have vacated his seat. They are slowly throwing him under the bus and he’s gonna be the fall guy for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correction necessary. Arredondo hasn’t vacated his city seat.

“Though he is a recently elected council member, Arredondo was not present at the meeting. Relatives of the victims asked that the City Council not approve Arredondo’s requested leave of absence from council meetings.

City leaders unanimously denied the leave of absence, which will result in Arredondo losing his District 3 seat if he misses three consecutive meetings.”

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Now TX DPS is in the hot seat....

Yeah, the city mayor is pretty hot under the collar. Emphasis added below is mine.

“McLaughlin lambasted McCraw for what he described as a selective release of information about the investigation, focusing on blaming local law enforcement and leaving out the role of McCraw’s agency during the shooting.

“McCraw has continued to, whether you want to call it, lie, leak … mislead or misstate information in order to distance his own troopers and rangers from the response,” McLaughlin said Tuesday evening.

McLaughlin said none of the entities with information about the investigation into the May 24 shooting at Robb Elementary School — DPS, the Texas Legislature, the Uvalde County District Attorney’s office and the FBI — have briefed Uvalde city officials about their findings.

Reactions: gll

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Correction necessary. Arredondo hasn’t vacated his city seat.

“Though he is a recently elected council member, Arredondo was not present at the meeting. Relatives of the victims asked that the City Council not approve Arredondo’s requested leave of absence from council meetings.

City leaders unanimously denied the leave of absence, which will result in Arredondo losing his District 3 seat if he misses three consecutive meetings.”

I had originally read that he had missed 3 or was about to. Looks like they won’t factor in the emergency meeting he missed in that tally. My money is he’s laying low and it’s only a matter of time till they replace him for vacating the seat. Also looks like if they don’t the citizens there might petition for his removal. Just a matter of time either way and he’s off the council.

etmo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    The kind of people involved here, who fail to help the most vulnerable at the moment of their greatest need, and are all about CYA and so quick to blame others while denying any possible responsibility -- it's sad that our system allows such people to accumulate in positions which exist to provide aid.

I'd say the system needs, at least down in Uvalde, a very deep cleansing.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Won't be surprised if we learn the soon-to-be-former chief eats his own gun over this. I don't think there'll be a lot of citizens shedding big tears if that happens, though I don't advocate for it. Seems pretty clear he's incompetent, and his honesty is questionable at this point. TCOLE needs to investigate and strip his certifications if he's found to have violated the law or ethics policies. Never be a cop again. Take away his damn pension. Dude can try making a go of it in the private sector, maybe move to some jerk water town in Arkansas or Wyoming where no one will have ever heard of him.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    third coast
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Shroud
    Smith Sights

Forum statistics