Join TexasGunTalk

Academy Powder and Primers

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by rotor, Mar 15, 2020.

1. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Wichita Falls
    Where I live it is almost impossible to get powder or primers without mail-order and associated hazmat fee. I really don't like the idea of driving 100 miles to the metroplex to get powder. I checked with Academy on line just to see if they had Hodgdon Copper Fouling Eraser Pistol Powder on line that they could deliver to my local store. $23.99 a pound and free home delivery for a $25 order. So I generated another expense to get over $25. They have a good assortment of primers but not powder.

So, I put in the order totoal $29.98, plus tax of course, shipping is $17.66 and they discounted $17.66. So, for those of you that need primers (mainly) and some powders and live too far from a store that sells such, this is a good method of getting such without hazmat and really without any shipping charges on sales over $25.

FYI and perhaps save a few dollars.

Dancing Heretik and SQLGeek like this.
  2. lonestardiver

lonestardiver Well-Known

Dec 12, 2010
    Briar
    Hmmmm, lets wait and see how that goes when they realize they need hazmat fees to ship that stuff.....

TheMailMan and jordanmills like this.
  3. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Wichita Falls
    It looks like they honored the free shipping and took $17.66 off the shipping fee.

lonestardiver likes this.
  4. TheMailMan

TheMailMan TGT Addict

Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    For what Academy charges for primers I'd buy them online 10K at a time.

Dawico and jordanmills like this.
  5. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Wichita Falls
    One pound CFE Pistol arrived today.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  6. TheMailMan

TheMailMan TGT Addict

Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Awesome! I might have to get some powder. Though their selection is limited.

Interesting. They appear to have come to their senses. It now says home delivery not available.

7. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Wichita Falls
    I just checked and it was still available for home delivery for CFE Pistol but for H110 it was available at the store. This may depend on your store and it may actually be available at your store. I know my Academy carries some powder.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  8. xdmikey

xdmikey Active Member

Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Well hell, Academy in Cypress/Fairfield they can only get three pistol powders and four rifle powders, none of which I use!

None of he CFEs were available.

9. xdmikey

xdmikey Active Member

Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Well hell, Academy in Cypress/Fairfield said they can only get three pistol powders and four rifle powders, none of which I use!

None of he CFEs were available.

10. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Wichita Falls
    I just signed onto Academy and said cfe pistol shipping available. $23.99 a pound. I already received one pound. Pretty much out of primers.