• ...and so much more!
  • gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I have on many occasions and several threads tried to have a discussion with you. Many times when I have asked you direct and simple questions, you either deflect, or blatantly refuse to answer any questions. Too many times, you also like to assert your opinions as being facts, and more than a few people have pointed out how wrong you are.

Trying to have a meaningful discussion with you is just an exercise in futility. I don't seem to have the same problem with other members here on the forum. Even those members that I disagree with on various subjects.
    No never had "more than a few people" point out how wrong I am. You are pretty much the only one, and it's every time I voice an opinion.

So save yourself some future futility and don't try to have any meaningful discussions in the future. Just have them with people who like having them with you.

Thank you.
    Target Sports

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'm several pages behind here, but I don't get offended when the little girls ask for my ID because of company policy. I actually find it more depressing when the company policy is in place and they don't ask for my id.

I went to a restaurant a few years ago that had been hit by TABC, and their policy was to ask everyone for ID, no mater what. I noticed the waitress asking for an ID from every table around me. Even those who looked to be my age or older. I asked about it and discvovered the TABC problem. I pointed out that she hadn't asked for my ID. She replied that I looked "of age".

Probably the most polite way I've ever been called old, but I would have felt better if she would have just asked for my ID.

On the flip side, there was a cashier at Walmart who was almost 90. She had a button on her vest that said if you're younger than me show me your ID.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I'm several pages behind here, but I don't get offended when the little girls ask for my ID because of company policy. I actually find it more depressing when the company policy is in place and they don't ask for my id.

I went to a restaurant a few years ago that had been hit by TABC, and their policy was to ask everyone for ID, no mater what. I noticed the waitress asking for an ID from every table around me. Even those who looked to be my age or older. I asked about it and discvovered the TABC problem. I pointed out that she hadn't asked for my ID. She replied that I looked "of age".

Probably the most polite way I've ever been called old, but I would have felt better if she would have just asked for my ID.

On the flip side, there was a cashier at Walmart who was almost 90. She had a button on her vest that said if you're younger than me show me your ID.

F-350-6

I LIKE the 90YO lady's style.

Recently, I stopped at a "fast food joint", while doing my Census cases, for coffee.

The about 18YO girl that was taking orders asked me, "Mister, do you want the Senior Discount??"
    (I said, "YES, Please.")

She then said, "I figured you would as you LOOK REALLY OLD".
    (I LOL when I got back to the truck with my "senior discounted " coffee. = She's right. - I look every day of my nearly 74 years.)

BTW, I think that I have located another NICE "cab & a half" Ford F-250 with the IH diesel & a 5 speed too, that is ONE-OWNER & in GOOD SHAPE, out near Bandera on a ranch.

yours, satx

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    BTW, I think that I have located another NICE "cab & a half" Ford F-250 with the IH diesel & a 5 speed too, that is ONE-OWNER & in GOOD SHAPE, out near Bandera on a ranch.....

yours, satx

That's a bit too far for me to help with this time, but what year 250? IH made the diesels up to 2007.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    That's a bit too far for me to help with this time, but what year 250? IH made the diesels up to 2007.

1987. = THIS ONE RUNS FINE, I'm told.

I'll go look at it SAT, if I can get away.
    I need a PU AGAIN, as I now have a HEAVY 17 FT fiberglass La Mar boat/motor/trailer from 1965, that I fell heir to from up near CANYON LAKE.
    (Nice boat, out of an estate sale, that's been stored inside most of its 45 YEARS.)

yours, satx

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Curious what the price for said 9mm was? I grabbed a couple of boxes for a neighbor who had just bought a pistol and has no ammo. It was $13.99 a box.

Pre-Rona, from online vendors was around .17 cents a round before shipping. From what I can find, Academy's non sale price was probably around .22 to .24 cpr before tax for 50 round boxes of FMJ

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    In September I bought 3 - 500 ct cases for $340.96(includes tax) = .23 rd post tax. I have not seen that quantity packaging since.

July 3 boxes Monarch steel 11.99 ea. 38.94 post tax .22 round

In August I bought 3 - 50 rnd boxes of CCI Blazer for 35.93 - .24 rd post tax

They may have gone up 2-3 cents per round best I can tell.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Pre-Rona, from online vendors was around .17 cents a round before shipping. From what I can find, Academy's non sale price was probably around .22 to .24 cpr before tax for 50 round boxes of FMJ
    Pre Chinese virus, Academy sold Winchester 115 gr. 9 mm for $19 for a box of 100. Good enough for range ammo. Now I have not even seen a box of it in an Academy store since then.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Pre Chinese virus, Academy sold Winchester 115 gr. 9 mm for $19 for a box of 100. Good enough for range ammo. Now I have not even seen a box of it in an Academy store since then.
    I've found the 100 rnd boxes fairly recently. I have a receipt dated 10/13/20(basically last week). I got 3 boxes for 87.65(post tax) .29 rnd or .27 rnd pre-tax.

ETA: Purchase 10/20/20 3 - 50 rnd boxes of cci Blazer 42.19(post tax) .29 per round...

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Yeah, I did a guesstimate based on some old flyers and not being a buyer of 9mm probably didn't help either.
    Thanks for the update.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Yeah, I did a guesstimate based on some old flyers and not being a buyer of 9mm probably didn't help either.
    Thanks for the update.
    I still have a couple of thousand rounds in 200 round packs of Winchester 115 gr. that I would gladly sell you for 80 cents a round plus a 15% buyer's premium....whatever the heck that is.

But if it's good enough for Benenglish it's good enough for me.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Academy has had the lowest-post-pandemic-pre-election prices around but they are still quite higher, about 30% or so, than were their pre-pandemic prices. Certainly nowhere nearly as high as CTD or local gun stores (at least those local to me).

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Best I have done recently was $0.155 / round shipped for a case of Fiocchi. I should have bought 10 cases.
    Where in Hades did you get a case of 9mm(?) for $155 shipped? I don't recall seeing prices as low as that in over 10 years for decent brass cased 9mm. I would have bought 4-5 cases at that price.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom