• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Plano location was loaded down too. No 6.5, but tons of other stuff.
    Texas SOT

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Temple had plenty of most everything, even 5.45 was abundant.
    Picked up some of these metrosexual 9mm rnds. They're supposed to be the same POI as HST rounds to train with.
    20210803_210744.jpg

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    For the first time in I can't remember how long, the North Plano store not only had ammo on the shelves, but also on a 6 foot tall rolling cart. I got there today about 3:00 and picked up a few Winchester bird shot boxes for $6.99 just in case I decided dove was on the menu next month. I also grabbed some CCI Blazer 9mm in 124 grain ($18.99). The 115 grain was $16.99 for anyone keeping score. They seem to have more "bulk" items recently too. I picked up two 100 round cases of Monarch steel case 7.62x39 123 grain for $34.99... which was a tad bit more than I wanted to pay, but I needed to replace what I went through a few weeks back.

I may go again tonight when I don't feel a rush to get back to my office, but it looks like the neckbeards who bought everything as soon as the store opened are finally overpowered by supply and being pushed back to whatever circle of hell they crawled from.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    The one on hwy6 in west houston had theirs on an AV cart that was behind the counter for the better part of a year now, but each time I would go in over the past few months I noticed cart was fuller and fuller. Two weeks ago, the cart was full and they started stacking on the floor behind the returns area. Went in a few days ago, and the ammo is back on the ammo isle. Just guessing here, I’d say the isle was maybe 50% capacity and about 75% of the calibers in stock in some form or fashion. They had stacks of .44 mag which I thought was odd

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    Monarch, steel cased, 7.62x39mm ammo in 20 round boxes was selling for $6.99 per box at my local Academy Sports last week. Today, they had the same exact ammo for $12.99 per box. I think it used to be they'd sell off their stock before raising prices, appears not to be the case now.
    I haven’t been in since the ban, but was buying the Monarch 100 round boxes. Assuming they have any now means they are priced close to $70? That‘s insane.

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Scored some CCI mini-mag and Federal HST 9mm at Academy today.
    went to two stores. Both had a good selection.
    Gobs of .223, .308, 300BO, 9mm fmj, .40, .45aarp.
    Went by Cabela’s too. They had a lot of fudd caliber rifle stuff with some .38spec.
    No .30-30 to be found. No .45-70 either.
    Niether Academy had much in the way of bird shot shotshells. Some buck and slugs.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Scored some CCI mini-mag and Federal HST 9mm at Academy today.
    went to two stores. Both had a good selection.
    Gobs of .223, .308, 300BO, 9mm fmj, .40, .45aarp.
    Went by Cabela’s too. They had a lot of fudd caliber rifle stuff with some .38spec.
    No .30-30 to be found. No .45-70 either.
    Niether Academy had much in the way of bird shot shotshells. Some buck and slugs.

You see any .357 mag anywhere you went?

Top Bottom