• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    It was probably a good pass on all 3 depending on what you're running it through. At 229 after tax that's roughly 15.50/box. In another 6 months you'll probably see brass ammo in that range. Every Glock or striker gun I've run that in hiccups at least a few times per mag. Although I could be wrong and it's still something to shoot.

I recently ran 4-500 rounds out of a few guns without issue one:

320 x-5
    P-99
    VP-9
    Hellcat
    SA 911
    Shadow 2
    Wilson EDC X9
    Guns International

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Was in the Cedar Park Academy yesterday, mid afternoon.
    There was one 20 round box of .223 steel case on the shelf. Lol

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    It would be nice if there were some relative prices included if possible. Nice to know there is something out there, but at $3 a round (made up price) no one except someone in dire need would bother to go and buy any.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    It would be nice if there were some relative prices included if possible. Nice to know there is something out there, but at $3 a round (made up price) no one except someone in dire need would bother to go and buy any.
    I was just at the Arlington Academy about an hour ago.
    They had PLENTY of .223 Winchester White box 20 rounds for 12.99 They also had boxes of 125 rounds of 5.56 for $129.99

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Was in the Cedar Park Academy yesterday, mid afternoon.
    There was one 20 round box of .223 steel case on the shelf. Lol
    Both the Academy's in South Austin (one technically in Sunset Valley) were well stocked with 223/556, 7.62 NATO and 12ga. They had a number of other calibers in stock too.

I walked out with 50rnds of 2 3/4" 00 buckshot for $25.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Hwy 6 location yesterday had probably as much as I’ve ever seen there. Each week seems to get progressively more. They had spam cans of 7.62x39 and .556, don’t recall the price though. Also had a bunch of white box .40 100 ct and a crap load of home defense ammo in .40, .45acp. They also had several also flavors of .22lr but at .116 per round on the best price I had to pass. Ended up with a box of 200ct monarch brass case .45 ACP for $109.99. I think they had about 6 or 8 boxes of those behind the counter.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    They had 3 boxes of it and I was thinking about buying all 3, but I didn't want to be a dick, so I left some for others.
    I will often buy all of something with the sole reasoning of being able to offer some of it to folks here at cost if they want it. Keeps the neckies from buying it, scrotanizing it, and scalping it to those that have to go to work everyday.

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    Lately it seems 9mm defense ammo is becoming a bit more available. All the locations have Sierra jhp (not really familiar with this brand and not a lot of ballistics info available online). I've been seeing Federal punch jhp and saw Sig Sauer v crown rounds for the first time in almost a year.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Lately it seems 9mm defense ammo is becoming a bit more available. All the locations have Sierra jhp (not really familiar with this brand and not a lot of ballistics info available online). I've been seeing Federal punch jhp and saw Sig Sauer v crown rounds for the first time in almost a year.
    I picked up 4 boxes of that Sierra HP ammo a couple of months ago, I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I basically got it because it was the only 9mm available then. Now the regular FMJ 9mm is available at least 50% of the trips I make there.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Hadn’t been to an Academy in a month or more. Dropped by today to see if they had any Hornady Black in 6.5 CM, so I can go plink a little bit tomorrow. I haven’t seen that much ammo since 2019! They had the 6.5 I wanted stacked 6 high and 3 deep for at least 6 rows! Plenty of almost everything. I still think the prices are inflated, but if they have this much inventory, I’m guessing once these big retailers slow down their orders, the manufacturers are gonna hopefully start to come down a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom