• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWFA

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 29, 2013
    I was able to get 9mm, albeit the last 2 boxes, at 5 pm yesterday at the academy in round rock. Maybe the pressure is easing up?
    Target Sports

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I asked one of the clerks if reducing the limit from 3 boxes to 2 had an impact on the morning line the response was "Not really." For whatever reason it seems just more ammo is showing up.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Cedar Park Academy has Winchester white box 7.62 NATO for $24 a box. Limit 2 boxes but they had a decent pile of it. Maybe 30 or 40 boxes

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    People really need to screw the gunbroker/gunshow neckbeards over for 6 months or so. Let them sit on inventory till they hopefully loose their asses.

I’m still not convinced that the BS Federal, Hornady say on the YouTube is anywhere near true. If they are running 100% then where are they shipping ammo?

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I picked up 762x51 and a box of 223 at Academy. $13 per box of 20.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    An academy gun counter kid said Remington is producing and stockpiling. Supposedly shipping out very little. He said a buddy of his has gun company ties and heard it through the grapevine. He alleges that they are going to drop it all on the market in a few months to normalize prices and kill the secondary market.

That info is in direct contrast to gun show seller I know who said the real shortage is hitting in Q2 of this year. It will be interesting to see who's right. That guy has been buying at 223 at 65 CPR for months but now as well as 9mm for $22.50/box. I guess he can get all he wants now at academy 2 boxes at a time.

Either way, I'm buying whatever I find at reasonable prices but for me that means a hard pass on all the pumped up academy ammo. If I can get a fairly priced bulk pack I'm in. I'd still advise people to buy whatever they like to shoot while it's there to be had. It's not like it's going back to 2019 prices anytime soon.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    An academy gun counter kid .........

This was your first mistake.
    An Academy gun counter commando typically can't find his azz with both hands. They can't even tell you where things are in the store or what's coming in on the next truck.
    I'd be surprised if the dipsticks can find their car in the parking lot after they leave work.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    An academy gun counter kid said Remington is producing and stockpiling. Supposedly shipping out very little. He said a buddy of his has gun company ties and heard it through the grapevine. He alleges that they are going to drop it all on the market in a few months to normalize prices and kill the secondary market.

That info is in direct contrast to gun show seller I know who said the real shortage is hitting in Q2 of this year. It will be interesting to see who's right. That guy has been buying at 223 at 65 CPR for months but now as well as 9mm for $22.50/box. I guess he can get all he wants now at academy 2 boxes at a time.

Either way, I'm buying whatever I find at reasonable prices but for me that means a hard pass on all the pumped up academy ammo. If I can get a fairly priced bulk pack I'm in. I'd still advise people to buy whatever they like to shoot while it's there to be had. It's not like it's going back to 2019 prices anytime soon.
    You are a better person than I am. Upon hearing the blather about “ stockpiling to normalize prices” I would have immediately asked him if his mother had any children that weren’t completely fucking retarded, and if she did, why did she let him grow up?
    Ammo manufacturers are selling everything they produce now because it may not be legal to sell to serfs in a couple of months

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I appreciate the skepticism gentlemen. I wholeheartedly agree the academy gun bar goons are not the best source of information. It was just an interesting take in that it was diametrically opposed to the gun show sellers information. The gun show guy claimed to have been privy to a conference call in which some suits acknowledged an impending component shortage that was going to drop like a hammer in Q2.

I agree they are pumping out everything they can but sooner or later that tap will stop flowing from the supply chain bottleneck.

TXSapper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2021
    Austin
    Academy off 183 had .223/5.56/7.62x51 and some random hunting stuff. 2 box limit ( and the .223/5.56 was 20 rd boxes) but they had it.

cjstrauss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016

Remington ammunition is currently dead. The company that bought Remington ammunition post bankruptcy (I believe the same company that owns Federal and Speer) stated that the factory was in such bad shape when they purchased it last year that it could only run to 30% capacity. They said they would not start making ammo again until they could rebuild to 100% capacity.

Random dude at Academy was misinformed or lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miniion26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2020
    Highlands
    Remington ammunition is currently dead. The company that bought Remington ammunition post bankruptcy (I believe the same company that owns Federal and Speer) stated that the factory was in such bad shape when they purchased it last year that it could only run to 30% capacity. They said they would not start making ammo again until they could rebuild to 100% capacity.

Random dude at Academy was misinformed or lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vista Outdoors.

Top Bottom