• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Plano store has a ton of calibers. 357,357Sig, and the big calibers are missing. Shelves are full but expensive. Even had 45-70 on the shelf.

Most popular hunting rounds are there. Been years since I’ve seen that much ammo on the shelves.
    Target Sports

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Academy at Bunker Hill/I-10 had probably the most .38 spec I’ve seen at one place in a long time. Full facings of both the Remmy and the WWB FMJ. They had some HD rounds as well, I think they were Winchesters too. Several flavors of 9mm, .45acp, .40 and 380 for the pistol ammo.. .22lr had a few flavors as well as the quiet shots and .22 bird shot. Didn’t pay much attention to the rifle calibers but I did see the steel case Soviet ammo and plenty 5.56 and .223 in brass. Saw some .300 blk. One guy there was complaining that he can’t find turkey shot anywhere

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Plano store has a ton of calibers. 357,357Sig, and the big calibers are missing. Shelves are full but expensive. Even had 45-70 on the shelf.

Most popular hunting rounds are there. Been years since I’ve seen that much ammo on the shelves.
    Yep everytime I go there see lots of ammo with the same high prices

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Based on supply chain issues and inflation caused by the current administration, I expect prices to be a bit higher. It is comforting to see it on the shelf now. If there is something that I want and it is a couple of bucks higher than it used to be, I get it. I do not buy crap ammo at any price. Most recently I have been very impressed with Norma ammunition, both in price and quality. ETA: and it can be had online for what WWB used to cost at Academy.

Last edited:

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Last edited:

ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas
    Well I don't know where you are coming from either

I used to buy 9mm WWB for that price at about that price at Academy

And I agree with deemus that .22lr was at about $10 for 50

Academy has recently dropped it to $7.99 for 50 and I'm not paying that either

My son-in-law bought me a box of 50 Norma for Christmas for a joke and it was complete garbage I bet at least 50% or more failed to feed or stovepiped.

They guy up at my acacemy says he has a storeroom full of it and can't give it away

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Well, I do not know anything about Norma 22LR and was not talkin about it but I have shot a lot of their centerfire ammo and it is as good as any and their brass is highly sought after as being some of the best. I am however tempted to take you up on your bet that 50% or more failed to feed or stovepiped.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Pretty sure I am about done with academy. The reason ? The cattle chute you have to go through to get to a cash register. Too much of a pain in the ass to deal with to buy 4 boxes of ammo I can order online for less, and in most cases get free shipping.

Hell, even Cabela’s has cheaper ammo these days, and a bigger limit on how much you can purchase. And no cattle chutes to get to a register.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Pretty sure I am about done with academy. The reason ? The cattle chute you have to go through to get to a cash register. Too much of a pain in the ass to deal with to buy 4 boxes of ammo I can order online for less, and in most cases get free shipping.

Hell, even Cabela’s has cheaper ammo these days, and a bigger limit on how much you can purchase. And no cattle chutes to get to a register.
    Agreed on all points
    I've gone into Academy about 2 times since Christmas
    Getting to where I just don't care to look around at a bunch of magpul quality tacticool crap and the guns they have don't interest me much

ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas
    Well, I do not know anything about Norma 22LR and was not talkin about it but I have shot a lot of their centerfire ammo and it is as good as any and their brass is highly sought after as being some of the best. I am however tempted to take you up on your bet that 50% or more failed to feed or stovepiped.
    It's not a bet

It's a fact

ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas

I sure don't see it any cheaper at Cabela's

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I sure don't see it any cheaper at Cabela's
    Look closer. All flavors of .22 are cheaper. Most flavors of everything else are as well. Academy never really carried premium ammo.

As I was at both stores yesterday, I think I can speak with some authority.

Top Bottom