• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If you have to lie like a Democrat to validate the point you are trying make - How valid is that point????
    What post are your replying to? Or what planet are you on today?

You claimed you don't drive 70 after having posted earlier (as I quoted earlier) that you do drive 70. Who is lying?
    ARJ Defense ad

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    What post are your replying to? Or what planet are you on today?

You claimed you don't drive 70 after having posted earlier (as I quoted earlier) that you do drive 70. Who is lying?
    I think you're off your meds.... LOL... nutty like a fruit cake! shooo fly ya' bother me!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Every driver thinks he's Mario Andretti or some other driving professional while all other drivers are always wrong in their driving habits, attitudes...

Me, IJDGAF how you drive...enjoy yourself while bitchin about other drivers...it's a delightful hobby - now outta my way boy, I'm drivin!
    I do not think I am Andretti. AJ Foyt, maybe...

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Trust me on this, I am no saint. On the road or off of it.

Going with the flow, prevailing speeds?
    Totally irrelevant. If you are going with the flow, you are not passing. You are choosing to do the wrong thing using the justification that others are doing it so you may as well.
    Law book in my hand. I don't always follow them, but I want to know what the consequences are when do. And I don't cry when I don't get to do what I want.
    Really simple concept here.
    Right is right and wrong is wrong. Period. No such thing as a little wrong or a little illegal. You gave examples of things that have nothing to do with the discussion.
    Whether you commit a small wrong or a big wrong, a misdemeanor or felony, is irrelevant.
    Y'all are crying because someone is holding you back from doing it.
    Not much different than the left this summer. They went from right, to little wrongs, then to big wrongs to bigger wrongs. And then cried foul because others wanted them to stop and made excuses for what they were doing instead of excepting that they were wrong.
    If little johnny jumps off a cliff, are going to do it too?
    Just because someone else does or doesn't do it, doesn't make it right. No matter what twisted logic you use to justify it.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I'm mostly, but not totally, disagreeing with these and the previous things you've said in this thread. Especially with your comparison to the leftist protests.
    Protesting is an American liberty and constitutional right, and I fully support it. On the other hand, rioting and destruction is breaking our laws. Those folks chose to break the law and should pay for thier crimes. But, unless you are employed as a police officer where those events occurred, its not your job to curtail the rioters.
    Likewise, with our discussion here, I have the liberty to drive the speed limit in the left-most lane without being impeded. If I choose to drive faster (on highway, not a residential area), its none of your business whatsoever. If I get a citation issued by a police officer I accept the results and pay my fine... But you sir, fellow Joe Citizen, will impose no control over me... [edit]... But here's the rub; by being a rolling road block in the left lane, you are imposing control on me and the rest of us with blood boiling behind you... you have no right to do this... you can and do do it, but it is extremely self-centered, rude, neurotic, (the list is long)

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I'm mostly, but not totally, disagreeing with these and the previous things you've said in this thread. Especially with your comparison to the leftist protests.
    Protesting is an American liberty and constitutional right, and I fully support it. On the other hand, rioting and destruction is breaking our laws. Those folks chose to break the law and should pay for thier crimes. But, unless you are employed as a police officer where those events occurred, its not your job to curtail the rioters.
    Likewise, with our discussion here, I have the liberty to drive the speed limit in the left-most lane without being impeded. If I choose to drive faster (on highway, not a residential area), its none of your business whatsoever. If I get a citation issued by a police officer I accept the results and pay my fine... But you sir, fellow Joe Citizen, will impose no control over me.
    Peaceful protest? I'm all for it. 100% by either side.
    Drive the speed limit? You have every legal right as well as to SAFELY pass in the left lane those that do not drive the speed limit.
    But that is not what you and others have been advocating. Is it?
    What you have been saying is that you should be able to drive as fast as you want unimpeded by others. And that they are the ones creating an unsafe situation by exceeding it like you are.
    You are wrong. You are still making excuses for doing the wrong thing.
    Using the riots as an example, maybe a little overboard. But in reality, it is the same thing on a different scale.
    YOU are the one creating an unsafe situation yet you are blaming those not driving as fast as you for any problems YOU cause by doing so. You are only concerned with how the traffic laws inconvenience poor little YOU. Not the ones following the law.
    How self centered and selfish of people to get in YOUR way and inconvenience YOU. After all, your time and life is so much more important than theirs.

If traffic is doing the speed limit, you have NO inborn right to go faster than them. To think you do is self centered and selfish.
    YOU are not special. If you get to choose what laws you obey or don't, so do others.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Oh, I am not trying to impose any control over what you do. I really don't give a damn. That is your problem.

I just get tired of folks that get mad when they try to break the rules of the game and then get mad when they don't get their way.
    Buy a helicopter and you won't have to put up with shit on the road.
    But quit crying because some inconsiderate assholes doing the wrong thing are keeping you from doing the wrong thing. No matter how much you change the scenario, justfications or excuses you come up with, it is still wrong.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I don't tolerate speeders on residential streets...it is rude behavior and shows a complete lack of respect for those who live on the street.............and dangerous for our kids and grandkids....

Highways? Drive as fast as you can afford the $$$ ticket...........

I get hand signals all the the time because in our County/city I know every one of the LEO's and I respect them enough not to speed here.........I drive the speed limit......

Out of the County? Game on.........When driving in the Houston, Austin, San Antonio, DFW or Corpus 500....I drive like the the other drivers.......

Yes, I use the right lane whenever possible, yes I will pull onto the shoulder if safe to let you pass....I will slow down to let you in (even when they don't deserve it)......I will often slow down and pass the slow bastard in front of me ...after you've passed.....I never "brake check" anyone...it exacerbates their already aggressive behavior......why escalate things? Not worth being on the evening news.............

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I will add ....

If an officer has someone pulled over on the side of the road, you either.... slow 20mph under the speed limit to pass in the lane next to them, Or get over 1 full lane & pass them going the speed limit.

I had a trooper pull me over for only being 2/3 the way over in the next lane & i had slowed to 15 under the speed limit.
    He just finished writing the ticket to the other guy as i was coming up on him.

He gave me a warning, but i still thought he was being an ass about it.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    IF All you law abiding folks were actually law abiding folks wouldn't be near the traffic jams there are. If you think if we all get out there and ALL drive the same speed AND you actually think that is safer. Might want to get checked for delusional tendencies.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    And I forgot to say.....

This thread delivers............folks give a lot of insight to their personalities.............
    Lol...

Yeah... there's them what wanna dictate, control n' govern. Then there's them that aren't too fond of those concepts!

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I'll throw a bone to all you law book thumpers in here ;) Speeding is eee leee gulll.. We good? Good.

Now then, a hypothetical. If there weren't left lane turtles and self-appointed traffic enforcer douche canoes, and everyone were respectful enough to drive WITH each other rather than trying to ... do whatever the heck it is they're trying to accomplish by driving against the flow... Well then speed limits could be raised if not eliminated in many cases.

What's one of the primary benefits the tech world is using to push driverless cars? The fact that y'all can't drive! Err, uh, I mean the fact that computers can drive COOPERATIVELY, and thus can safely travel faster and with fewer interruptions in traffic flow.
    :cowboy:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't tolerate speeders on residential streets...
    Interesting sub-topic, there.

In my neighborhood, the streets are just wide enough to drive between two cars parked across from each other. There are no sidewalks. The speed limit is 30 MPH.

The only speeders I see are the Constables. When they're running behind on their contract neighborhood visits, they'll make a quick pass through the neighborhood. Many times, I've been standing at my kitchen sink at 3 AM and seen a Constable fly down my street at easily something in excess of 50 MPH...which is really hard to do, given the number of cars that park on the street.

The main feeder road into my neighborhood is 4 wide lanes with a wide esplanade. It could easily be safely driven at 45. The speed limit is 20 and the Constables enforce like crazy. Why so low? Because there's a neighborhood park on that road and even though it's mostly fenced in I suppose there's some guideline somewhere that says if there's a chance of kids running into the street, the lower limit applies.

No kids ever run into that street. But the neighborhood streets that are tougher to navigate and have a speed limit 10 MPH higher? Kids play in those streets every day.

Sometimes traffic situations make no sense to me.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I don't really care how fast or slow you drive.
    Pretty uncaring on which lane you choose.
    That being said, please, maintain your speed and stay in your lane. And put the fucking phone down!
    Focus on your driving!
    I don't care if you pass me. I really don't care if I pass you. What I really want is distance between our vehicles. The more the better.
    Just don't pass me and slow down and we're good.

Top Bottom