• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    My biggest question to both political parties is when did a virus evolve to having a political agenda?

How did wearing a mask become "an imposition of my rights - the government can't force the people to do something they don't believe" Really? The government doesn't require a drivers license, mandate insurance, impose safety regulations, define working conditions, regulate food and drug supply, regulate international travel, define building codes, interstate commerce,etc, etc, etc?

"Next thing you know we will be like the commies and nazis requiring us to show our papers" You mean like providing your birth certificate for a passport, your financial records for a bank loan, your social security card for a job, your insurance card after an accident, you license as a plumber?

A virus doesn't give a shit about what we believe, it behaves according to the rules of science. Fighting a virus requires that we block its ability to spread. Why is it so hard for people to realize that if you are healthy, you can spread the virus without any ill effects and kill the next person. Have we become so jaded that the only thing that counts is our opinions over the lives of others? God have mercy on all of us. We are lacking in leaders that are willing to do the right thing opposed to supporting their chances of re-election.

Last edited:

LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    Let me add something.
    This virus is going to run its course, as all of them do.

You mean like the bubonic plague (the black death) that killed 30 to 50 percent of Europe before it 'ran its course'? Or maybe you meant the Spanish Flu that killed 50 Million worldwide.
    Yeah, that's a plan.

Last edited:

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    My biggest question to both political parties is when did a virus evolve to having a political agenda? We were able to eventually contain the 1918 influenza (Spanish Flu) epidemic without shutting down the economy simply by leveraging the science of the time, masks, disinfectants and limiting travel.

How did wearing a mask become "an imposition of my rights - the government can't tell me what to do"
    Really? The government doesn't require a drivers license, mandate insurance, impose safety regulations, define working conditions, regulate food and drug supply, regulate international travel, define building codes, interstate commerce,etc, etc, etc?

"Next thing you know we will be like the commies and nazis requiring us to show our papers" You mean like providing your birth certificate for a passport, your financial records for a bank loan, your social security card for a job, your insurance card after an accident, you license as a plumber?

A virus doesn't give a shit about what we believe, it behaves according to the rules of science. Fighting a virus requires that we block its ability to spread. Why is it so hard for people to realize that if you are healthy, you can spread the virus without any ill effects and kill the next person. Have we become so jaded that the only thing that counts is our opinions over the lives of others? God have mercy on all of us. We are lacking in leaders that are willing to do the right thing opposed to supporting their chances of re-election.

I think that most people that are having a problem with the mask is that they are forcing all of it on us without any evidence that they work. Also, people seem to forget that it wasn’t long ago that they lied to us about needing mask. The people in charge clearly don’t know what they are doing. Look at New York and New Jersey and Michigan. Not too mention that they’ve been moving the goalposts from flattening the curve to stopping the curve.

The mask should be a choice. If you are afraid or vulnerable then wear the mask or stay home. Otherwise, we should take the risk if you choose to. The amount of Asymptomatic cases seems to be proving that heard immunity is working.

Honestly, can we block a viruses ability to spread? The Spanish Flu is still around. We haven’t found a cure for the cold, AIDS. Life is risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I think that most people that are having a problem with the mask is that they are forcing all of it on us without any evidence that they work. Also, people seem to forget that it wasn’t long ago that they lied to us about needing mask. The people in charge clearly don’t know what they are doing. Look at New York and New Jersey and Michigan. Not too mention that they’ve been moving the goalposts from flattening the curve to stopping the curve.

The mask should be a choice. If you are afraid or vulnerable then wear the mask or stay home. Otherwise, we should take the risk if you choose to. The amount of Asymptomatic cases seems to be proving that heard immunity is working.

Honestly, can we block a viruses ability to spread? The Spanish Flu is still around. We haven’t found a cure for the cold, AIDS. Life is risk.

....and the "laws" were made by unconstitutional executive orders instead of having the Legislature called into special session. Texas is a republic, not a banana-republic dictatorship.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    ....and the "laws" were made by unconstitutional executive orders instead of having the Legislature called into special session. Texas is a republic, not a banana-republic dictatorship.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The legislature made it legal for the governor to have emergency orders for 30 days. Let us see how the governor handles himself for the month of August.

I’m not cool with these governors leading from a position of fear. Often, bad decisions are made from that position.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    The mask should be a choice. If you are afraid or vulnerable then wear the mask or stay home. Otherwise, we should take the risk if you choose to.
    I think most people agree that the average mask does not protect the wearer but may prevent spread from an infected person to another person. So, if you wear a mask and have cv19, you may prevent it's spread to someone else. Since there are so many asymptomatic people that can still spread the disease this for me is not an unbearable burden. If I had it and didn't know I would not want to spread it to others.
    If you believe that the mask is to prevent you from catching the disease you would have to be talking about one of the more sophisticated masks that most of us don't have.
    I am not a mask expert but I do care about my neighbors. If maybe a mask helps keep you from catching this I will wear a mask.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My biggest question to both political parties is when did a virus evolve to having a political agenda?

When activities primarily associated with one political group were deemed to be far to dangerous (going to church, peaceful protest) while at the same time the actions of the other political group were deemed safe and supposedly not posing any great risk (rioting, looting, protesting for leftist causes).

When the virus started being used as an excuse to push for mail in voting which has proven to be easily corrupted.

When saying anything against the narrative gets you labeled as a grandma killer and berated in to silence, just as labels of racism and bigotry are used to silence any opposition.

Add in being told not to buy masks because they don’t work, then you MUST wear a mask...repeated estimated death tolls that end up being ridiculously overblown. Stories slowly trickling out about false positives, a lab in Florida claiming a positive for every single test, people supposedly testing positive with out ever actually being tested, counting “assumed positive” as a positive without a test, etc.

There is enough stink surrounding this supposed pandemic that I no longer trust what we are being told and resist any attempt to be guided along their path.

I suspect it’s all about November.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    In Texas,
    Less than 1.5% of the population has or has had it.
    Of those, fatality rate is 1.5%.
    Of those, 90% are 50yrs of age or older.
    39 or younger account for less than 3%of deaths.
    80%of deaths are over 60 yrs of age with other health problems.
    This is from Texas DHHS as of today.
    The vast majority of cases are along the I10 and I35 corridors.

If you are over 60, protect yourself as you see fit.
    If you are under 60, open this shit up.
    If you feel a need to wear a mask to protect yourself or others, then do it.
    Kids need to be back in school. They and their teachers are safer than anyone. Any teacher that is afraid can take a furlough..
    Texas has about 190,000 deaths per year. A large number of those are from communicable diseases. And we never shut down.
    An map of covid cases and deaths for this year over laid over a map for most years of influenza cases and deaths for almost any year are nearly identical.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    I think most people agree that the average mask does not protect the wearer but may prevent spread from an infected person to another person. So, if you wear a mask and have cv19, you may prevent it's spread to someone else. Since there are so many asymptomatic people that can still spread the disease this for me is not an unbearable burden. If I had it and didn't know I would not want to spread it to others.
    If you believe that the mask is to prevent you from catching the disease you would have to be talking about one of the more sophisticated masks that most of us don't have.
    I am not a mask expert but I do care about my neighbors. If maybe a mask helps keep you from catching this I will wear a mask.

Then that is your choice. I just wanted to point out that they don’t know whether mask work. You had a lot of “may” in your reply. Hell, the test don’t really tell whether you have COVID-19 or not. It just tells you if you have COVID antibodies.

And people tend to forget that in early January “the experts” said that you could get it from the virus entering through your eyes as well and suggested that you wear googles as part of your PPE. Now they don’t mention it even though we know that virus can still enter through your eyes. And now they are saying that it’s a good chance that it’s airborne. Do you wear safety goggles too as part of your PPE?

Just saying that nothing we do is going to prevent people from dying from this. This thing is the biological equivalent of Thanos. It’s inevitable. You can try to delay it or let it run through normally and let the population build up an immunity to the multiple strains so that we can move on with life like we have in every other pandemic.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    And pray tell why did they include respondents from all 50 states. They don't have a dog in this fight, Texans do anyone else doesn't count.
    Actually they probably do. He seems to have given up on state politics and will be playing for federal. He will never get elected to another state office.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

How did wearing a mask become "an imposition of my rights - the government can't force the people to do something they don't believe" Really? The government doesn't require a drivers license, mandate insurance, impose safety regulations, define working conditions, regulate food and drug supply, regulate international travel, define building codes, interstate commerce,etc, etc, etc?

The liberals gave it a political agenda from day one.

And I guess you will be just fine with the government adds another regulation - no citizen can own firearms. That will apparently be fine with you. It is for everyone's safety, after all.

Then, no citizen can own property. After all, the government requires you to have insurance, why can't they add one more imposition.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Hell, the test don’t really tell whether you have COVID-19 or not. It just tells you if you have COVID antibodies.
    That is incorrect. The normal test for covid 19 is a nasal swab. To test for antibodies requires a blood test. The nasal swab will not tell if you have antibodies.

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    That is incorrect. The normal test for covid 19 is a nasal swab. To test for antibodies requires a blood test. The nasal swab will not tell if you have antibodies.

I just took the swab test in the emergency room. The doctor and the nurse that gave it to me told me the same thing. You are partially correct in that blood test tells if you have antibodies but the end result is the same. They cannot confirm whether the COVID you have is the 19 variant.

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Then that is your choice. I just wanted to point out that they don’t know whether mask work. You had a lot of “may” in your reply. Hell, the test don’t really tell whether you have COVID-19 or not. It just tells you if you have COVID antibodies.

And people tend to forget that in early January “the experts” said that you could get it from the virus entering through your eyes as well and suggested that you wear googles as part of your PPE. Now they don’t mention it even though we know that virus can still enter through your eyes. And now they are saying that it’s a good chance that it’s airborne. Do you wear safety goggles too as part of your PPE?

Just saying that nothing we do is going to prevent people from dying from this. This thing is the biological equivalent of Thanos. It’s inevitable. You can try to delay it or let it run through normally and let the population build up an immunity to the multiple strains so that we can move on with life like we have in every other pandemic.

I think I was pretty clear when I said may prevent. I don't know if the average mask helps prevent the spread but it does not protect the wearer of the mask. In my original post here I said nobody really knows how to handle this epidemic. If you think those statements are incorrect so be it.
    I will continue to wear a mask in public to protect others (possibly), not for my protection. I hope it works.
    It is not too much of a burden if it helps protect others.

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    I think I was pretty clear when I said may prevent. I don't know if the average mask helps prevent the spread but it does not protect the wearer of the mask. In my original post here I said nobody really knows how to handle this epidemic. If you think those statements are incorrect so be it.
    I will continue to wear a mask in public to protect others (possibly), not for my protection. I hope it works.
    It is not too much of a burden if it helps protect others.

I think that I acknowledged that by saying how many times you used the word “may” in your original post.

And the choice to wear a mask should be YOUR choice. I don’t dispute that.

Top Bottom