• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The legislature made it legal for the governor to have emergency orders for 30 days. Let us see how the governor handles himself for the month of August.

I’m not cool with these governors leading from a position of fear. Often, bad decisions are made from that position.

Why? There’s been an emergency order state wide continuously since late March.

Mandatory masks have been in place since in major urban areas off and on since late April.

I gave local and state elected officials half of March and all of April to respond to the immediate issue. Everything since May 1 should have been implemented through normal legislative and regulatory processes.

Instead, it’s been a tit for tat pissing match over power.

**** them all. And the horses they rode in on. Naked power grabs are what totalitarian dictators do.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Why? There’s been an emergency order state wide continuously since late March.

Mandatory masks have been in place since in major urban areas off and on since late April.

I gave local and state elected officials half of March and all of April to respond to the immediate issue. Everything since May 1 should have been implemented through normal legislative and regulatory processes.

Instead, it’s been a tit for tat pissing match over power.

**** them all. And the horses they rode in on. Naked power grabs are what totalitarian dictators do.

And you can bet it would not have been a complete charlie foxtrot if you had the "normal legislative and regulatory processes" take charge. There is never any "tit for tat pissing matches" in that process.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Here’s a fun game with math of the non common core variety. TX so far.
    6569 deaths
    420,946 confirmed
    6569/420,946=0.01560. 1.5%
    Pop of TX? 28.7million (2018)
    6569/28.7M=0.00022889.

Not even a blip. And since the “spike” is now, what 7? 8? Weeks? Still not seeing the lethality of something soooooooo deadly you have to get tested to see if you have it.
    Not sure what you are trying to prove. You calculated death rate at 1.5% which may be a little higher than other sources I have seen.
    Then you have calculated the death percentage vs the total population of Texas (.0022%) from Covid.
    You could have also calculated that 1.47% of the total population has contracted the disease using your figures.
    What is this meant to prove? Abbott lockdown works? We can only hypothesize what percentage of the population would be positive if nothing was done by government.
    The death rate is what determines if this is soooo deadly, 1.5% I think is high but maybe not compared to some other diseases. I think what you are showing with your figures is that the infection rate in Texas has been relatively low up to now (1.47%) which would imply that the lockdown has worked. Yes-No?

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Not sure what you are trying to prove. You calculated death rate at 1.5% which may be a little higher than other sources I have seen.
    Then you have calculated the death percentage vs the total population of Texas (.0022%) from Covid.
    You could have also calculated that 1.47% of the total population has contracted the disease using your figures.
    What is this meant to prove? Abbott lockdown works? We can only hypothesize what percentage of the population would be positive if nothing was done by government.
    The death rate is what determines if this is soooo deadly, 1.5% I think is high but maybe not compared to some other diseases. I think what you are showing with your figures is that the infection rate in Texas has been relatively low up to now (1.47%) which would imply that the lockdown has worked. Yes-No?
    That's sure what it looks like to me too.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    117197694_10224048153100205_4722806331091220335_o.jpg

Attachments

• 117197694_10224048153100205_4722806331091220335_o.jpg
      117197694_10224048153100205_4722806331091220335_o.jpg
      106.9 KB · Views: 205

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    And you can bet it would not have been a complete charlie foxtrot if you had the "normal legislative and regulatory processes" take charge. There is never any "tit for tat pissing matches" in that process.

Since you weren’t around for the first 69 times this subject was discussed, the smartest thing politically that Abbot could have done was to have kept his whore mouth shut after saying Texas is a big place, there’s no one solution for 254 different counties, and if you don’t like the solution your local government is giving you, then use the power of recall to change it.

Instead that idiot decided to pander to external pressures to ‘be seen as doing something’ that wasn’t what NY or CA was doing and painted him and his wheelchair nicely into a corner.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Since you weren’t around for the first 69 times this subject was discussed, the smartest thing politically that Abbot could have done was to have kept his whore mouth shut after saying Texas is a big place, there’s no one solution for 254 different counties, and if you don’t like the solution your local government is giving you, then use the power of recall to change it.

Instead that idiot decided to pander to external pressures to ‘be seen as doing something’ that wasn’t what NY or CA was doing and painted him and his wheelchair nicely into a corner.
    He didn’t want to be seen sitting around doing nothing

cjtexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    West Texas
    I think the Chinese tariffs were working so well, something had to be done before they imploded. Coupled with the protests in HK gaining momentum, coupled with nothing the dhimmis throw at Trump had any effect whatsoever, the dhimmis gotta obey their CCP masters, pulled this one off and it’ll magically be gone by the time Trump wins in a landslide.

And we are still lower than H1N1 when O’Buttplug was preezy.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Exactly. What steps need to be taken in Houston, or Dallas, would probably not be the best for much smaller cities and towns.

There isn't a "one size fits all" answer to this situation.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    The legislature made it legal for the governor to have emergency orders for 30 days. Let us see how the governor handles himself for the month of August.

I’m not cool with these governors leading from a position of fear. Often, bad decisions are made from that position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Politicians are the most gutless people. Gotta get elected again.

Top Bottom