Patriot Mobile

Abbott Now Going to Increase Restrictions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Wouldnt think of calling you a troll. But you sure sheit in a lot of threads. As long as you feel better

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Before you call me a troll, I’m out. I gotta get up at 04:30. I’ll be glad to debate you when I can, but I’ll be busy paying for all the freeloaders in this country, probably til 21:00. Every GD day.
    And we're still living better than +90% of the rest of the world.
    I despise a freeloader as much as anyone. But I'll give thanks when I look across any border.

Get your rest. Do your job. Vote your conscience.
    Thank God you're in Texas.

Any of us could have been born in the middle East. China.
    North Korea, etc.....

We don't know "hardship".
    We just don't.

Is your air conditioner working?

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    I despise a freeloader as much as anyone. But I'll give thanks when I look across any border.

North Korea, etc.....

We just don't.

If we keep dicking around and accepting all this bullshit we will be a third world country. They’ve been trying for a few weeks now...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

North Korea, etc.....

We just don't.

Been to a few of those places. Interesting to visit, I was glad I could leave.
    We're armed.
    As well or better than those who would enslave us.
    Sleep well.
    The only reason I do.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

cjtexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    West Texas

North Korea, etc.....

We just don't.

That is a very valid point. I did international for 8 years to turd world industrial. There is nothing like the feeling of landing back in America. Even if it was SFO or LAX

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Vaquero is absolutely correct.

Sometimes, we may tend to forget just how great we have in this country. Yeah, we all bitch or moan about the freeloaders and the "protesters" and other things. But we have it pretty danged good here.

On another forum, we had a friend that was a member there, living in another country, way south of our border. We haven't heard from him in over a year and a half now. Last time one of the other members spoke to him he was trying to immigrate, with his family, to Canada, then hopefully later to the United States. Every time he posted on the forum, or talked on the phone he was being monitored by the government. I don't doubt even more so, since it was gun forum.

Poor in this country, in many ways is an abstract word, and really doesn't mean diddly squat. Even poor people in this country have cell phones, food, flat screen TV's and everything else. Go into some other countries, and discover what poor really means.

Think about the 2nd Amendment, and your gun rights. Or your right to vote. In some countries, if they even allow you to own a gun, they can and will decide what guns and ammo you are allowed have. It truly is a privilege. People bitch about overly restrictive states, like California, or New York with their silly gun restrictions. Yeah, that is true, but those residents still have the option of pulling up stakes and moving to another state with less restrictive gun laws. Some other countries, they don't have that option. In some countries, they do have "free" elections, but you are "told" who you are going to vote for so they can the "appearance" of being a democracy. Voting other than how your are told, could get you a bullet in the head and shallow grave.

Every day, I stand out on my front porch, and I look up that American flag that flies on my flag pole, I say a silent prayer that I'm glad to be an American, because so many other people have it so much worse than I do in other countries.Many of my ancestors were immigrants to this country a 100 years ago, and even 150 years ago.

This country isn't perfect, warts and all, but this is MY country. So much fo what I'm seeing in the news and to hear how some of these people talking the way they do, makes me very angry! It pisses me off to see people trying to destroy our country, to tear it down, to cancel our culture and to rewrite our history. I see good people being persecuted, (and I meant persecuted, not prosecuted.) for defending themselves, and their homes against these people, who want to destroy or way of life, and them taking a stand against that, and being made out to be in the wrong for doing so. And prosecutors, and local government siding with the thugs, the criminals, the "protesters" to condemn their rights to defend themselves.

In some ways, maybe we do need to have civil war, and wipe out the BLM and ANTIFA, and anyone else that supports their causes and promotes them, or gives them money. Wipe out those that that support defunding or eliminating our police agencies, and our LE officers. Maybe it's getting close to time to take a hard stand against those that oppose this great country. My hope is, it doesn't come that, but come this November, and things go from bad to worse, we may need to rethink that. Right now, my hope is that Trump wins, and starts putting us back on the path to making this country great again just like he started doing in 2017.

Okay, rant off!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Vaquero is absolutely correct.

Sometimes, we may tend to forget just how great we have in this country. Yeah, we all bitch or moan about the freeloaders and the "protesters" and other things. But we have it pretty danged good here.

On another forum, we had a friend that was a member there, living in another country, way south of our border. We haven't heard from him in over a year and a half now. Last time one of the other members spoke to him he was trying to immigrate, with his family, to Canada, then hopefully later to the United States. Every time he posted on the forum, or talked on the phone he was being monitored by the government. I don't doubt even more so, since it was gun forum.

Poor in this country, in many ways is an abstract word, and really doesn't mean diddly squat. Even poor people in this country have cell phones, food, flat screen TV's and everything else. Go into some other countries, and discover what poor really means.

Think about the 2nd Amendment, and your gun rights. Or your right to vote. In some countries, if they even allow you to own a gun, they can and will decide what guns and ammo you are allowed have. It truly is a privilege. People bitch about overly restrictive states, like California, or New York with their silly gun restrictions. Yeah, that is true, but those residents still have the option of pulling up stakes and moving to another state with less restrictive gun laws. Some other countries, they don't have that option. In some countries, they do have "free" elections, but you are "told" who you are going to vote for so they can the "appearance" of being a democracy. Voting other than how your are told, could get you a bullet in the head and shallow grave.

Every day, I stand out on my front porch, and I look up that American flag that flies on my flag pole, I say a silent prayer that I'm glad to be an American, because so many other people have it so much worse than I do in other countries.Many of my ancestors were immigrants to this country a 100 years ago, and even 150 years ago.

This country isn't perfect, warts and all, but this is MY country. So much fo what I'm seeing in the news and to hear how some of these people talking the way they do, makes me very angry! It pisses me off to see people trying to destroy our country, to tear it down, to cancel our culture and to rewrite our history. I see good people being persecuted, (and I meant persecuted, not prosecuted.) for defending themselves, and their homes against these people, who want to destroy or way of life, and them taking a stand against that, and being made out to be in the wrong for doing so. And prosecutors, and local government siding with the thugs, the criminals, the "protesters" to condemn their rights to defend themselves.

In some ways, maybe we do need to have civil war, and wipe out the BLM and ANTIFA, and anyone else that supports their causes and promotes them, or gives them money. Wipe out those that that support defunding or eliminating our police agencies, and our LE officers. Maybe it's getting close to time to take a hard stand against those that oppose this great country. My hope is, it doesn't come that, but come this November, and things go from bad to worse, we may need to rethink that. Right now, my hope is that Trump wins, and starts putting us back on the path to making this country great again just like he started doing in 2017.

Okay, rant off!
    A lot of truth here.

But to an earlier poster's point, what good are Constitutional rights if we let the government trample on them while we do nothing?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

fa882e0adb8233fd7b5c4a801a730808.jpg

Attachments

• fa882e0adb8233fd7b5c4a801a730808.jpg
      fa882e0adb8233fd7b5c4a801a730808.jpg
      78.2 KB · Views: 439

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A lot of truth here.

But to an earlier poster's point, what good are Constitutional rights if we let the government trample on them while we do nothing?

Key words there Oldag. "Let" and "nothing". are the what is going on. Right now, I think, (and I hope.) come November maybe things will turn around for the better. I hope voting is makes things turn around.

But they can't take those rights away. We can allow them to take them away. All it takes, is one person to take the stand against the tyranny, and to say, enough, is enough. This is my line in the sand. These are my rights, and you can't take them.

In the great words of one of our members, Hoji, we need to get mad, and stay mad.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014

I have mentioned this before, but Abbott's MO has been to deny that he is going to do something on a daily basis and then issue a directive at the last minute. I don't believe for a minute he is not considering another shutdown; he is just waiting for the right time when something else is distracting the public.

I wrote him again telling him to go ahead and shut down the 11 counties that everyone is so worried about but leave the other 90% of Texas alone and follow the lead of the Georgia governor who is prohibiting local officials from implementing mask and other virus restrictions.

Of course, the 18 year old staffer who reads all of our messages is sure to pass this along to the Fuhrer.

Top Bottom