• ...and so much more!
  • Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    From Popshot on WT:

"CRG 1 is the baseline course for pistol gunfighting, with an in depth focus on the fundamentals of marksmanship. Our class was comprised of ten men of varying experience levels of shooting and gun handling. Thanks to Jon Payne's expert instruction, all ten students made marked improvements in performance by the end of Sunday afternoon. I recall three classmates shot outrageously tight groups all weekend, (G19/RMR, DA/SA HK P30 and DAO Sig P250) . Make a note NOT to make them angry.

This is not my first SI class, so why did I attend?

First, I have determined that because the pistol is so portable, it will likely be the tool I use defending myself from a criminal attack. We all can learn bad habits, so need refreshers. Jon is certainly able to straighten out the kinks.

Second...well, Jon threw down a challenge. During the entire class, exclusively operate the pistol with the non dominant hand.

Even though we all strive for using either hand, it is another thing to dedicate considerable time to performing all pistol gunfighting operations from the opposite side from normal. Actually, this is a good idea, because the day will come when injury to your dominant hand or arm will force the issue. I ordered a mirror image of my normal rig to include left hand AIWB holster and two ambi mag pouches and placed them on my right side. So that I was not a menace to my classmates, I prepared for couple of weeks by learning to doing everything a left handed shooter does. After some salient coaching tips from Jon, the left hand orientation began to seem more natural and my shooting and reloads improved a great deal. I still need more time to make my left handed shooting truly instinctive, so I think I'll keep "driving" on the left for a while longer.

In closing, I throw out a challenge to all of you: spend the time to transform your non dominant side to, simply, the other side."

From Harleystreetbob on WT:

"CRG-1 straightened out my kinks and then some. I met a some great men this weekend and had a blast hearing "war stories". Most importantly, there where no safety violations as everyone handled their individual firearm safely. I watched myself along everyone else greatly increase our skills becoming more deadly warriors. What I found interesting was the variety of students, we had military, an engineer, doctor, some knuckle dragging firefighter'paramedics, and even a couple guys that had been to several other Suarez classes. That really caught my attention, it says something about someone who's not afraid to go back to the basics. Great job guys, I enjoyed our time together.

Also wanted to verify that popshot was next to me the whole weekend while I watched him handle his pistol entirely left-handed. Very impressive and I would encourage everyone to spend their next range day doing the same. I know I will.

Jon's instruction this weekend was invaluable. His focus not just on the class as a whole but as individuals was very impressive. He continuously gave us feedback to further improve us before moving on to the next drill. My confidence has increased, my marksmanship, and overall mechanics of operating as a pistol gunfighter. Unlike many instructors out there Jon is humble and not at one point did he make us feel inferior to him. Oh yea and he can pump out M4 pushups like a champ. Jon once again, it was a pleasure and I look forward to getting back out on the range again.

If you have been thinking about attending CRG-1 or taking a class with Jon, do it. Go right now and click that add to cart button. You'll be glad you did.

Ill see you gentlemen at the next class."

At Impact Sept 26 2015 041.jpg

At Impact Sept 26 2015 133.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

Top Bottom