Austin
    oplh1.jpg

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Any chance we could raise the bar a little on what constitutes a suspected scammer, other than “too good of a deal?” Maybe wait for some broken English response, obvious photo shopped photos, foreign ISP, or weird payment options before nuking what appear to be a couple great deals, and subsequently pissing off the seller?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So how did the established member’s two apparently legit for sale posts get nuked after the board nazi’s reported him for “the deal looks too good to be true?” Seems like a report equals a thread nuke.

https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/razor-hd-lh-2-10-new-in-box-houston.110126/#post-2505960
    Just so you know…..

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    It’s tough to follow. Some folks got scammed and are extremely quick to report ads because it’s “too good of a deal.” I questioned the reporting parameters and whether maybe it was possible those reporting jumped the gun, but instead got the usual snarky, passive aggressive comments we have all come to love on this forum.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Except no one called him out on the price, or got the ad nuked like the last real seller you are using as an example.

The real seller you are referring to nuked his own ad in a bitchy little hissy fit after the owner of the site asked him to not advertise his business without becoming a sponsor.

No one called the linked account out. Just hit report and after checking it out, mods determined it had been hacked.
    Not sure why you are so asshurt over suspected scams being reported and checked out.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    The real seller you are referring to nuked his own ad in a bitchy little hissy fit after the owner of the site asked him to not advertise his business without becoming a sponsor.

No one called the linked account out. Just hit report and after checking it out, mods determined it had been hacked.
    Not sure why you are so asshurt over suspected scams being reported and checked out.

He didn’t nuked his own ad. Texcross reportedly nuked the ad because he felt he was a non paying vendor, even though he was selling items not advertised on his website.

I am not asshurt about scammers getting called out. I am concerned about non-scammers getting reported and nuked. Which is what originated this entire thread, which YOU brought back from the dead.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    You rang?
    Yes. And guess who answered?

I was the target of a scam on another website this week.

Advertised item for which I was searching, 25% less than it should have been. I played it for awhile, until the Out of State seller balked at me sending a personal check or money order to him in another state, but indicated it would be fine for me to send cash to his sister in Waco, and then he would ship it the next day.

I may be stupid, but I ain't THAT stupid!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    He didn’t nuked his own ad. Texcross reportedly nuked the ad because he felt he was a non paying vendor, even though he was selling items not advertised on his website.

I am not asshurt about scammers getting called out. I am concerned about non-scammers getting reported and nuked. Which is what originated this entire thread, which YOU brought back from the dead.

Before it was deleted, bitchfit deleted the contents. If you are not keeping up you should consider not commenting.

And for the record, I have bought items from you, and see your stuff listed at very fair prices.
    If I notice one of your ads selling HK PM 7 mags at $10 each I will report it in a heartbeat.
    My apologies in advance if you were selling them to feed a crack habit and needed fast cash.

Also, this thread was “brought back from the dead “ because a very recent classified scam involving exactly what this thread is about occurred and was caught ( hopefully before anyone was fooled by a long term member’s account with 100% feedback that was hacked)

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I don't expect a forum to protect me from scammers. That is up to me. If I fall for a scam it's on me.
    What about someone else on here though? I'm sure all of us have more knowledge in certain areas that would make us see red flags on ads, where others might not. It's supposed to be a community where I'd hope we'd have some interest in each other.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't think everyone has it straight that the incident that started this thread is completely different from the incident yesterday. At least two, maybe three different circumstances have been discussed in this thread and they're all different, brought to the attention of the staff in different ways, investigated in different ways, and resolved or being currently worked in different ways.

Top Bottom