• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Even with long term members, if it looks too good to be real, they have probably been hacked by a scammer.
    ( no, I did not get fooled) hit the report button and ask for a welfare check on the member who has all of a sudden decided to sell inventory of very high end products at over 40%-50% off of retail.
    Capitol Armory ad

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Yes, because being nice for Christmas on stuff that amortized out under cost due to sales of the rest of the commercial orders using those parts was just wrong. I have learned my lesson, only charge retail :D

I will put my remaining "new in the wrapper" M4 barrels and used Aimpoints on Gunbroker.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yes, because being nice for Christmas on stuff that amortized out under cost due to sales of the rest of the commercial orders using those parts was just wrong. I have learned my lesson, only charge retail :D
    Sorry man, there has been a rash of long term members with stellar records here getting hacked and ripping off members.

Even some admins are simultaneously hacked and when you send a message to the suspected scammer or ask a question in the thread that threatens to expose the scam, they use the admin’s account to ban you to prevent exposure.

( yes, it was me that hit report) safest way to be sure that all mods and admins see it at the same time( I got banned by the scum that hacked @benenglish when I sent him a direct message asking about a suspicious ad.)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Gotcha.

Hacked an Admin...now that takes a set of heavy cast iron spheres :D

No deals for anyone! Full price!
    Wasn’t just Ben that got slimed. @robertc1024 got hacked about the same time.
    Last week another long time member got hacked and “too good to be true ads started appearing.” It got squashed before anyone got ripped off.
    Again, I apologize if the report caused you aggravation, it was not done out of malice.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Even with long term members, if it looks too good to be real, they have probably been hacked by a scammer.
    ( no, I did not get fooled) hit the report button and ask for a welfare check on the member who has all of a sudden decided to sell inventory of very high end products at over 40%-50% off of retail.
    Ah, that’s why that ad disappeared.

Good thing I saw it and sent him a message about it yesterday.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Wasn’t just Ben that got slimed. @robertc1024 got hacked about the same time.
    Last week another long time member got hacked and “too good to be true ads started appearing.” It got squashed before anyone got ripped off.
    Again, I apologize if the report caused you aggravation, it was not done out of malice.
    Quite a few members got "banned" by the hacker that were questioning or raising questions about the items for sale.

IIRC, you were one of the first, because you had actually done a deal with the real member of the forum.

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Sorry man, there has been a rash of long term members with stellar records here getting hacked and ripping off members.

Even some admins are simultaneously hacked and when you send a message to the suspected scammer or ask a question in the thread that threatens to expose the scam, they use the admin’s account to ban you to prevent exposure.

( yes, it was me that hit report) safest way to be sure that all mods and admins see it at the same time( I got banned by the scum that hacked @benenglish when I sent him a direct message asking about a suspicious ad.)
    Don't be sorry to him, that guy calling members names as he did when I simply messaged him to state don't advertise your business here (which he was in his user title and website listed). He was told he had a few reported posts by more than 1 person, I simply told him not to. He went off on who reported it (Not that he knew who it was).

I don't tolerate people pulling LIB move and attacking people for no reason like that. Nothing was done to him. Not 1 thing. The guy was not even a site supporter but felt free to advertise his company and then act like he is doing us a favor with his cheap listings?

Thanks to all who do report, better safe than sorry right now. It is hard enough to keep up with this, it's the community though that can help us deter it.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Don't be sorry to him, that guy calling members names as he did when I simply messaged him to state don't advertise your business here (which he was in his user title and website listed). He was told he had a few reported posts by more than 1 person, I simply told him not to. He went off on who reported it (Not that he knew who it was).

I don't tolerate people pulling LIB move and attacking people for no reason like that. Nothing was done to him. Not 1 thing. The guy was not even a site supporter but felt free to advertise his company and then act like he is doing us a favor with his cheap listings?

Thanks to all who do report, better safe than sorry right now. It is hard enough to keep up with this, it's the community though that can help us deter it.
    Thanks. As I spend quite a bit of time in the classifieds and quite a bit of time looking for deals I will continue to report anything that looks fishy. In this case it was actually legit, but how often will a 50% off AimPoint be legit?
    I really didn’t get his snarky attitude in this thread until you elucidated some of the backstory.
    Not trying to cause anyone aggravation, just trying to keep folks ( especially newer members) from having the needful done unto them.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Well that went south pretty quickly. Personally, I ain't apologizing for reporting a post. If it's on the up and up and legit, no one knows it was reported. I only report posts to bring it to the attention of the Moderators and Administrators. It's their call in how to handle the reported post.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Any chance we could raise the bar a little on what constitutes a suspected scammer, other than “too good of a deal?” Maybe wait for some broken English response, obvious photo shopped photos, foreign ISP, or weird payment options before nuking what appear to be a couple great deals, and subsequently pissing off the seller?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Any chance we could raise the bar a little on what constitutes a suspected scammer, other than “too good of a deal?” Maybe wait for some broken English response, obvious photo shopped photos, foreign ISP, or weird payment options before nuking what appear to be a couple great deals, and subsequently pissing off the seller?

As members, our only recourse is to report a post and let the Mods or Admins check out the member and the post to see if they are credible and legit.

When it comes to scammers, better safe than sorry.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Any chance we could raise the bar a little on what constitutes a suspected scammer…

Your bar is your bar. Not a single user report is an immediate time out, mods and admin work a high touch process/investigation before a final decision is made albeit with a bias to prevent member harm instead of letting shît play out.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Your bar is your bar. Not a single user report is an immediate time out, mods and admin work a high touch process/investigation before a final decision is made albeit with a bias to prevent member harm instead of letting shît play out.
    Exactly. Just because a post or thread are reported, all that does is bring it to the attention of one of the Mods or Admins. Nothing goes any further until they make a decision and take action.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    So how did the established member’s two apparently legit for sale posts get nuked after the board nazi’s reported him for “the deal looks too good to be true?” Seems like a report equals a thread nuke.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    So how did the established member’s two apparently legit for sale posts get nuked after the board nazi’s reported him for “the deal looks too good to be true?” Seems like a report equals a thread nuke.

Refer to post #9 by @texcross for clarification. Reporting the post had nothing to do with it.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

I think you should review the whole hacked ben episode the rephrase the question.

There was really none of that.

Hell after reading the board nazi comment I strongly suggest you also talk to those who got scammed by member accounts who were hacked and taken over the re think your whole baseline.

Top Bottom