• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Absolutely, it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have one. Something like that.

Reactions: gll

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    The author of this article from Red State blog explains his decision to finally buy a gun;
    "One of the reasons why I procrastinated was because a gun is something you buy hoping that you never need to use it. I don’t want to ever need my gun, but I do want to have it..."

Such a true statement.
    Just like fire extinguishers and, on occasion, parachutes.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Best first time gun owner story ever, in my opinion, was A Letter From An Angry Reader; it was published in Esquire Magazine, I think back in 1981. It used to be readily available online but now it seems you need to subscribe to Esquire to access it. I've read ot a few times over the years, always uplifting to see someone who came to his senses and then apparently actually defended himself with his pistol. If you ever have the opportunity to read that article, I highly recommend doing so.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    1632836035983.png

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    I got new neighbors a few years back who didn't own a gun. One evening while we were visiting and getting to know each other the topic of guns came up. They had noticed that I always wore a pistol, even inside the house. They said that they just didn't really feel the need to own a gun. I asked them, "Do you own a fire extinguisher?" They replied that they had two in the house. I said I own guns because I might need them. You have fire extinguishers because you might need them. But neither of us hope we will ever need them.

About two weeks later they asked me to help them decide what kind of guns to buy.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Growing up the country, I was in my 20’s before I knew a person who DIDN’T have a gun. I remember thinking “ what’s wrong with you that you don’t have a gun?”

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    View attachment 279312

Took me awhile to get through that letter but it was worth the time. In my California time I never knew anybody that tried and ever obtained a carry permit. It was a given that only criminals had the guns. The good guys hid away a gun if they had one, so the criminals would not steal it. Very backwards and stupid.

Top Bottom