• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I only know this guy though his previous posting on the Long Island Gun Club forums (well, I may have met him in person at one of the LIGC monthly meets but cannot recall) but what I know of him is that he is an upstanding and honest guy. He posted a thread about the ammo shortage, not only due to the panic buying but also due to a huge existing ammo shortage that may get worse due to lack of manufacture and no importation & supply. It is quite sobering to say the least and I can only hope that it will not come true to the full extent he discusses. He already expresses that it is worse than many think. You can view that thread at this link:

https://www.longislandgunclub.com/f...discussions/520963-serious-firearm-ammo-topic
    DK Firearms

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Someone in that thread used the term "bullet heads", at that point I just assume it's a bunch of neckbeards stroking themselves.
    Assume away as you will but the OP in that thread is no neckbeard.

I am curious to see what other dealers have to say about things like his statement that some ammo is completely dried up at the current moment and not available from his wholesalers. I wonder if any dealers down this way are experiencing the same thing.

It seemes to me that online dealers (whose sites I have visited) have not restocked what they sold out of a week or two ago; so, maybe there is something to what he says. I certainly hope not.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Agree short-term issue for the most part. Although we don't know for sure where this is going and where it will end. So glad I learned after the last shortage and panic to stock up during times of relaxation, plentiful supply and super LOW ammo prices. Just hopefully another learning experience for gun enthusiasts, especially newer ones who have never seen this before.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Me waiting for Glenn B to post about how smart he was to stock up prior to the shortage .

I'm also waiting for someone to find his screen name on the LIGC forum...

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    On page 5 of the thread he posted.
    His avatar is nice and jiggly....

Screenshot_20200330-201041_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200330-201041_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200330-201041_Chrome.jpg
      223.5 KB · Views: 343

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I prefer to keep tiers of ammo. I stock up on defence, quality fmj, and cheap plinking ammo for just about each caliber I shoot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I have been buying Hirtenberger 7.62X51 since the 70's. It was great ammo then as are the last 5 cases of it I bought. If I want cheap plinking I'll shoot the .22's.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    *YAWN* When you've been through five or six crises already, such claims even if there is a basis of truth behind them are nothing to get excited for. Some of us have learned ammo price gouging is going to occur at the mere mention of a crisis and have planned accordingly! Hell, I still have ammo from when Obama was first elected!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I’m still seeing good, pre-COVID, pricing from time to time. You just gotta look for it.

1a877277debbc0b2cd9ab84a88fd3a50.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 1a877277debbc0b2cd9ab84a88fd3a50.png
      1a877277debbc0b2cd9ab84a88fd3a50.png
      59 KB · Views: 320
    Top Bottom