• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Let me lay this out in another scenario for everyone.

Your wife asks you, "Do you think I'm getting fat?"
    (Which most people would think her added wight might be considered getting fat.)

One reply could be done out of spite towards her, telling her the truth, "Sure looks like you added some weight there."

Or, another reply, done with her feelings in mind, "No honey, you look just fine."

First reply, you told the truth, which most would think is the right thing to do, but with spite in his heart towards his wife, for all the wrong reasons, he told the truth.

The second reply, you tell a lie, in order not hurt her feelings, and her self-esteem. Telling a lie isn't right, but to not hurt another person's feeling's, the right reason for telling the lie.

I doubt you’ll find anyone who doesn’t believe that in certain circumstances telling a lie is the right thing to do.

The question is worded to make it sound very thought provoking, but it’s not. The right thing is the right thing to do, regardless of reason or motive. Even if someone does the right thing for completely selfish reasons, it’s still right.

If you do the wrong thing, like rob a rich man to buy a poor man food, you’ve still done the wrong thing. Even if you think it’s for the “right reason”.

The only question that comes is when people debate over what is right. Communists would say robbing the rich man is the right thing to do, but they aren’t really people so I guess they don’t really count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom