• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toold128

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2008
    I was on another forum (non-firearm) the other day and the subject of drug cartel violence in Mexico involving shoot outs all over the country came up.

I opened a thread with the following question and here are the responses from, in his words, a very well educated Mexican.

My question
    ...." It is my understanding that other than .22 caliber rifles (correct me if I am wrong) Mexican citizens are not allowed to own arms.

"Anyone think that there would be any effect if the cartel bad guys had to worry about someone other than a soldier or police officer possibly taking shots at them. Someone in their home see an attack and respond to help protect family and neighbors."

Educated Mexicans reply.....
    "Yes of course... sure as opposed to a bunch of beer drinking, white trash and rednecks banding together and forming militias claiming that they are sovereign within the US, clinging to the2nd amendment thus arming themselves up to their teeth just in case they want to uprise against a legaly elected democracy.
    (This is the part people around the world do not understand: the US is a legal democracy and it allows militias to prepare themselves as insurgents... for what?)

My reply.....
    "Us beer drinking, white trash, rednecks are not banding together, arming ourselves to the teeth to uprise against our government.

We arm ourselves because our constitution gives us the right to do so. This is to protect ourselves in the event that our government is no longer able to do so as is happening now in your country.

What is the Mexican government so afraid of that it does not give its citizens the right to arm themselves. Maybe the citizens of Mexico would not put up with the vast corruption. The drug cartels have made it obvious that your government does not have the ability to protect it's people."

Educated Mexican.....
    "Sorry Toold I don't buy that at all.
    You'r 2nd amendmendt, setting aside any controversy of the written word, is allowing any idiot to buy weapons and join hand in hand with other idiots... and Iam not kidding in the sovereign part.
    Remeber I read the news. Half or more than half of the KNOWN militias are sovereign, like the one they just dismanteled in Wisconsin.
    To you Toold, it might seem that you see Mexicans as drunken frito banditos, but to us Mexicans, allowing militias is stupid as hell cause there is NO control over them.
    This has noting to do with the 2nd A. this is ABUSE of a freedom."

My reply
    "You say that you don't buy the reason that I say that I arm myself. Are you psychic? How would you know my motives to own firearms?"

Educated Mexican.....
    "By the way, I don't think you recall, and I have posted it here, that I studied 10 years in an American school back in the 60's???
    Teached by American teachers (one of them died in Vietnam). No Mexican teachers."

Just wondering what member's thoughts are about this educated Mexican's view concerning our right to own firearms. Notice, never an answer as to why Mexican government will not allow it's citizens to arm themselves.

Another enforcement to the statement that if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Citizens of Mexico are not allowed to arm themselves while the drug cartels are running wild killing whoever they care to, police, army, innocent citizens both Mexican and American.

berto40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Houston
    That guy is crazy. He was "teached" by American teachers! I call it balogna. The Mexican government has failed it's people, and it's tourists. What he probably meant to say was "NO Way, don't give us citizens the right to defend ourselves...i'm not gonna do that!" What a puss! He probably should have stuck around a little longer to help his writing skills and come to see how many Americans of Mexican descent own guns!!!

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    ummm Wonder in which country this educated Mexican lives in?.

I am armed because I understand there are people out there who would rather take the things I have worked for and earned as well as do harm to my family rather than earning it themselves. I figure it is easier to be a trained, armed person than to keep a police officer in my pocket. Oh, and I am not a red neck, white trash or idiot, and like him I was not taught by Mexicans.

It is interesting to see his thoughts on education as well. He was taught by Americans, not by Mexicans, is this because a good education is harder to get in Mexico? Or is it because his parents thought it safer for him to be in America, with all those beer drinking white trash red necks with guns?

espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    First that Mexican is a retard!(I'm Mexican)

And , yes you can own higher caliber weapons in Mexico as long as they are deemed for sporting/hunting and are not in a caliber classified for military only( 9mm, .45acp, .223).

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    First that Mexican is a retard!(I'm Mexican)

And , yes you can own higher caliber weapons in Mexico as long as they are deemed for sporting/hunting and are not in a caliber classified for military only( 9mm, .45acp, .223).

huh, interesting. How does buying a firearm work in Mexico (for your average citizen). I was under the impression that the laws were very restrictive, but I really don't know them.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I was on another forum (non-firearm) the other day and the subject of drug cartel violence in Mexico involving shoot outs all over the country came up.

I opened a thread with the following question and here are the responses from, in his words, a very well educated Mexican.

Do you have a link to said thread in other forum?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Educated Mexican.....
    "By the way, I don't think you recall, and I have posted it here, that I studied 10 years in an American school back in the 60's???
    Well that might be part of the problem, lol...

I like how he thinks American gun owners are all drunken trash, and then assumes you think the same thing about Mexicans even though your words show that you would in general trust Mexicans to do whats right with those evil guns.

espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    huh, interesting. How does buying a firearm work in Mexico (for your average citizen). I was under the impression that the laws were very restrictive, but I really don't know them.
    Actually it is not that hard according to my uncle who is the club president at a gun range down there. You can order the rifle through a shop in Mexico, start the process through Sedena( a government Entity) while it is being held by customs. If they determine the firearms is legal for import you then proceed to pay $3000 pesos for your firearm permit. Finally you go and pick it up. I have also heard horror stories in which the papers don't go through or the firearm gets lost and there's no way of getting anything back.

They are also limited to ten registered firearms per person.

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    The fact that the U.S. allows private ownership of firearms shows strength. The gov'ts that don't allow it are weak and afraid of their population. Simple as that.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Sad fact is people can now come and go through our public schools including universities and yet not fully understand what America is, but that's our governments fault, in any event the melting pot fails in that regard.

vietboy1st

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Boston,Mass
    Dude is jealous and maked up stupuid stuff up. Mexico is like Somalia but a bit better. Most rich person in Mexico have armored cars and have armed body guards.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    The U.S. isn't perfect, but we don't live in fear of being shot at or kidnapped by half-retarded thugs because in this country, we ****ing shoot back.

You're probably arguing with an American anti-2A forum troll.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Alot of Mexicans shoot .38 Super, and rifles in the standard calibers are widely accepted also.

I will say this ... I've had a number of Mexicans (past or present) that come in looking to buy first a handgun in .38 Super, and then they start looking at AR / AK / G3 / etc. rifles with the intent to buy. At that point I refuse to sell them the guns. My understanding at the point they mention .38 Super is intent to take it into Mexico, and as far as I know, M1As, AR15s, and other rifles are definitely a no-go in Mexico.

That being said, I've sold a Taurus Judge, some bolt rifles, etc. to former Mexicans that are now US citizens, but routinely go hunting down there on their ranches.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    10 years in american school?
    public school?
    2 years per grade, gave up at 5th i bet ya a buck.

but in all seriousness, it is made painfully clear that a whole lot of poeple prefer enslavement than freedom. and when the majority is seduced by the non-responsibility of decision free life, and give allt eh power to the gov't (becasue lets be honest, they know whats best for us right?) you get places like the country in question.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    i would just LOVE to sit down and debate the CLOWN listed in the initial post!! Um so basically his country Mexico is better off than the U.S. because they have Strenuous gun restrictions??? its actually a crime ridden 3rd world corrupt country!! AND if not for the U.S. it would probably be as bad Cuba or even Iran if we didnt support their LEECHING A$$E$!!

Top Bottom