• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    A customer was shooting this Commander when the front of the slide around the barrel bushing broke out. He didn't want to fix it, he said he no longer trusted it. I bought it from him and sent it Colt. They replaced the slide assembly (complete) and barrel (they didn't cover it under warranty). I just got it back this morning after 6 months.

I am sending the frame to Clark's Custom Guns for the front strap to be checkered 25 lpi and a proper beavertail installed. I am sending the slide to Novak's to have the front and rear of the slide dovetailed and have Novak sights installed.

As the Commander's journey progresses I will post update pics.......I have a lot planned for this little Colt......and the journey is just beginning.....

dsc08189_8ebf572b8f724f65075e936d3b579a9760deb392.jpg

dsc08190_f017c942ab2bcb263968ee417c86f376515b7864.jpg
    Texas SOT

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I was the proud owner of a Colt Commander for about two hous one time. I had a pal who wanted one and had 300 bucks..and the other pal had one who said he would like to sell for two hundred. So I took the money and stepped and fetched. Paid the bar tab for a week or two. My DNA test dont show any Jewish blood but I know how red necks work.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    A customer was shooting this Commander when the front of the slide around the barrel bushing broke out. He didn't want to fix it, he said he no longer trusted it. I bought it from him and sent it Colt. They replaced the slide assembly (complete) and barrel (they didn't cover it under warranty). I just got it back this morning after 6 months.

I am sending the frame to Clark's Custom Guns for the front strap to be checkered 25 lpi and a proper beavertail installed. I am sending the slide to Novak's to have the front and rear of the slide dovetailed and have Novak sights installed.

As the Commander's journey progresses I will post update pics.......I have a lot planned for this little Colt......and the journey is just beginning.....

View attachment 152780
    View attachment 152781
    Looks very nice, it's a keeper.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    You think I don't own a Sig..........or 5?

Sig makes a lot 1911's........and nice ones at that....

...although in all honesty, I only own one personal Glock...

You are kidding (I hope).....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom