• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    So don't get me wrong, I don't like CNN at all, but there are some hugely valid points in this terrible clip.

Cruz is better than Cornyn, but both Texas Senators are a major liability.
    Target Sports

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    CNN, even if they are telling the truth, how would anyone know after all the lies they have told for so long? I wouldn't trust CNN to be able to predict that the sun will rise in the morning.
    Yeah, but this one accurately points out how flip-floppy he's been of late.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Cornyn absolutely needs to go. Has for a long time. Cruz is worlds better.
    But not as good as he could be,,,or should be.
    Like him or not, he is better than anyone else has been for a long while. But he does seem to be getting farther and farther away from the Tea Party roots that got him the seat.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    ...he does seem to be getting farther and farther away from the Tea Party roots that got him the seat.
    He sure does. That last little mess where he called Americans "terrorists" did not play well in this household.
    His attempts to explain it only made it worse.

Something is going on with that man. And it may not be good.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I like Ted Cruz very much.
    I am pleased that he beat Robert O'Rourke in 2018.
    Ted Cruz was my second choice in the Republican race for POTUS in 2016, behind Trump.

Ted Cruz is a politician. They all are politicians. Even Trump became one.

Does Cruz have faults? You bet he does. We all do. His comments in regards to Jan. 6th were stupid.

But he is not a Mittens Romney or John McStain, or Jeff Flake, or Lisa Murkowski, or Susan Collins, or Liz Cheney, or any number of RINOs.

Not even close.

I am not a "Goldilocks" conservative. I am pragmatic, and realistic enough to know that the perfect candidate for anything does not exist. And a perfect candidate is one that can win, that can realistically win the majority of votes in a given race. For all of his faults, I love Trump, the best POTUS in my lifetime, and he was far from perfect. But in 2016, he was by far the only Republican able to beat Clinton. Sometimes folks will bite off their nose to spite their face, and that is a sure fire way of losing ground. Unless a better candidate comes along that can win, I'll stick with Cruz. He was extremely valuable in the past, and he is still valuable for the future.

We can do a whole lot worse. And maybe a little bit better.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Ted Cruz was my second choice in the Republican race for POTUS in 2016, behind Trump.

Does Cruz have faults? You bet he does. We all do. His comments in regards to Jan. 6th were stupid.

But he is not a Mittens Romney or John McStain, or Jeff Flake, or Lisa Murkowski, or Susan Collins, or Liz Cheney, or any number of RINOs.

Not even close.

I am not a "Goldilocks" conservative. I am pragmatic, and realistic enough to know that the perfect candidate for anything does not exist. And a perfect candidate is one that can win, that can realistically win the majority of votes in a given race. For all of his faults, I love Trump, the best POTUS in my lifetime, and he was far from perfect. But in 2016, he was by far the only Republican able to beat Clinton. Sometimes folks will bite off their nose to spite their face, and that is a sure fire way of losing ground. Unless a better candidate comes along that can win, I'll stick with Cruz. He was extremely valuable in the past, and he is still valuable for the future.

I’m disappointed, but not ready to exchange him for an unknown in this day and time.

When he starts selling pain relief snake oil on Fox, that might change.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Not even close.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner post!

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I'll vote for Cruz against Beto or his ilk for senate just because the alternative is a disaster. At least he pretends to be on our side. But I will never forget his "speech" at the GOP convention in '16. He showed his true colors and lost me then forever. Turncoat, period, despite all the theatrics.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Replacing him is the tricky part. Who do we have to primary him?
    Dunno does Rand Paul have a sibling? Unless there’s some tid bit of information floating out there about Paul that I haven’t seen, he looks to be doing a decent job. I like his fiscal responsibility push and his fight against that Fauchi nome

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom