• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxPython357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Spuger, TX
    45 is another matter. There a few very good 1911's. I have a Kimber Special addition that's a sweet shooter. If your looking at round count the PPQ 45 is a good choice, it is currently my nightstand pistol. Nice trigger and good ergo's.

IMG_1091.JPG
    Gun Zone Deals

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I have large hands, a 1911 with a Houge grip is a perfect fit for my hands and quick aim pointing. The XD fits my hand about the same as well. It feels natural.

If a 1911 in 9mm gets you what you are looking for, maybe take a look at the Rock Island tac series of double stack pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TraderJim75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2023
    San Antonio
    I currently have a full size Springfield XD service model in 9mm and I also own a full size Springfield 1911 base model.

I am not a fan of Glocks, so I won’t consider owning one. My reasons are my own.

What else is out there? I am looking for accuracy and decent capacity, I like the Springfield XD, it’s just not as accurate as my 1911 in my hands, but I like the overall feel.

Has anyone tried the XDM full size? Does anyone have thoughts on the new Springfield high power clone?

I am open to trying new brands. Just not Glocks.
    Well, i own a CZ chambered in 9mm.. they make some great firearms... and i'm partial to Sig.. had one in 9mm.. have one in 45 and one 40.. the most accurate gun i owned, was my dearly departed kimber 1911...

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Browning HP and the Sig 226 are excellent guns. The Cz-75 is always an accurate and dependable pistol.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    1. XD's are at the bottom of my "name brand" rankings. I've owned two, both long gone.

2. Be a man, ignore everyone here and get a revolver. Preferably, in a man's caliber that starts with 4.****satire...kind of.

3. Sorry Moonpie, I just can't get onboard with 9mm revolvers.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    If you have never owned or fired a Browning Hi-Power (or decent copy) give one a try for a near perfect 9mm as of 1935 that really defined much of what we consider essential today. Other than a being a bit heavy compared to modern pistols, they have amazing ergonomics and I love Browning's view that trigger pull defines the pistol. MecGar 15 round magazines for the HP are plentiful. I have the Inglis variant and it is lots of fun.

Modern 9mm full size new production pistols have many great choices. I like my Glock 19 with the Timney trigger and Trijicon night sights a lot. But after you add pistol, sights, and trigger prices to a completed project, you can get a lot of other amazing pistols.

If you want to try something completely different and has not been mentioned in this thread yet, I have a Daewoo DP51 that I appreciate a lot for the thought that went into designing it. Their unique triple action trigger is far from perfect in terms of pull but I learned to accept it for another reason. In terms of being ready to fire when you need to pull the trigger, the DP51 has a lot going for it. Fire it single action, double action, or push the hammer forward for 1.5. Their aluminum frame was brilliant in 1991 too.

Buy one of each. They all have quirks to appreciate.
    I am considering tracking down a high power clone for EAA.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Sig P-320 Legion X5 w/ optic
    Dan Wesson 1911 9mm Pointman
    Glock 45 MOS (add optic) or 17 MOS (gen 5)
    Canik
    Walther

Have tried:
    SpringField XDM - not good feel, picky about ammo
    CZ-75 - very long hard trigger in DA, not much better in SA, grip feels good
    Hi Power - watch for slide cracks when using modern ammo

S&W M&P - not enough use to make a good comment, do not like the feel and accuracy seems to be poor

WAA

Sir, I decline to answer, respectfully.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    Glock 17/19
    Sig P320
    Beretta 92F

I have a 9mm Colt 1911, but I wouldn’t recommend a 1911 platform for your initial self defense pistol purchase. It can take some effort to get ‘em 100.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom