Join TexasGunTalk

9 Hogs Down, Had To Use Plan C To Get Things Moving

Discussion in 'Texas Hunting & Fishing' started by Double Naught Spy, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Double Naught Spy

Double Naught Spy Active Member

Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Oh don't get me wrong. I know people eat them and love them. It just doesn't tickle my fancy to go through all the motions and prep to make it happen any more. I would rather spend my time doing other things, like finding more to shoot. :m16:

satx, you mentioned feeding them to the dogs. I got a buddy that feeds his dogs a lot of hog meat. If I had a pack of dogs like he did, I might do that as well.

jordanmills and satx78247 like this.
  2. FireInTheWire

FireInTheWire Ego kills talent TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2018
    Big Country
    Nice shooting!

3. satx78247

satx78247 TGT Addict

Jun 23, 2014
    DoubleNaught Spy,

As I said, the young females to 100# are FINE as BBQ.

YEP, a LOT of hound-men in NETX feed them to their packs.
    (I have a friend in the Gladewater,TX area who had about THREE DOZEN hounds, at least the last time that I visited him. - That's a Hof a LOT of dogfood & bucks each month.)

Note: IF you ever visit "Dogtown at Canton on 1st Mondays, he is the guy with the bright red F-350 with the silver dog-box on the back.
    (Tell "Doug" that Tex from Pittsburg said HELLO.)

yours, satx

4. Double Naught Spy

Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I used to give hogs to a guy who liked all sizes. He didn't care, LOL. He was from Louisiana and he ate everything, LOL. I think younger females is a good call. Young males aren't bad either....just too much work for me.

5. orbitup

orbitup Sticker Cop TGT Supporter

Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Love the videos! I've been watching them as soon as you publish, and it's nice that you have them going up so often.

I wish I had the land access like you do. I haven't been able to use my thermal as much as I wish I could.

satx78247 likes this.
  6. Double Naught Spy

Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Thanks!

Getting land access can be tough, especially when you are not a local. It has taken me years and word of mouth help to get this far.

orbitup, jordanmills and EZ-E like this.