Patriot Mobile

72 killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston...once upon a time.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Once upon a time.

BREAKING : Holy f’k. Seventy- two killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston.
    National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a Para-military extremist faction.

Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.
    Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” just issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed a wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.
    Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily.”

Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans.

During a tense standoff in the Lexington town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists.
    Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units.
    Colonel Smith, finding his forces overmatched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order.
    The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.
    Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.

And this fellow Americans, is how the American Revolution began, April 20, 1775.

Those who dont study history...

Shamelessly copied from a fellow shooters post.
    DK Firearms

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Joe Biden will be proud of you sir!!
    At least I'm honest, LOL...and not so far gone I start telling stories about how i remember when the the bunker hill heros came to see me at the white house.

ETA and what a smart guy Barack was cause he remembered I like 2 lumps when he served tea.

alias

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    spicewood, tx.
    It will get them the same result. A bloody, long war. I hope it never comes to that.
    Pray for peace, work for peace, steel yourself for war, prepare your household for war .

There are many FUDDS that will wait in line to turn in their deer rifles, shotguns and handguns to avoid becoming overnight felons, armed extremists and domestic terrorists.
    Their long lines will be broadcast by CNN and the media as 'redeemable deplorables', the enemy willing to admit defeat, be reeducated and live in quiet shame for their past. Those types will also avoid owning and flying the American flag at the risk of causing any embarrassment and problems for their progressive children.

I hate those types.

Last edited:

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm not so sure. There can not be confiscation without registration.

That said......

Be aware of new background checks laws as I guarantee you they will try to push some sort of registration scheme to ensure all transfers are done with background checks. Without registration or tracking universal background checks are untenable cause there is no way to enforce them. Make no mistake they want to regulate/tax you out of your guns. Forcing an expensive background check every time you loan borrower gift or hand off a weapon and each time you get it back is a regulation and tax intended to make such processes too time consuming or expensive to deal with. Forcing some just to give up. Dont put it past them to force you to transfer to a FFL and then the background check and transfer to your brother. And back again. Also waiting periods so records are accurate. You know to protect the children.

Add to that even higher excise taxes on whole guns and 50 percent tax on ammo and wow your arshole will be looser than a queer whore in prison and twice as sore. And we all remember how something as simple as a commodity or metal shortage like lead or manufacturing capacity for ammo caused/contributed to such a pain in the ass for ammo.

Once we allow that then yes it will be time to decide. Comply or not. This will be the stand together or haing alone moment, the shot heard around the country.

Remember the consent of the governed is an absolute requirement for the gooberment to create operate or enforce any law. There will be ball less fudds who roll over and become peasants like folks in other states but I think over all you might be surprised.

They cant take anything. There isnt enough police or military combined to take guns even if a huge number doesnt say nope thats a violation of my oath.

If we loose guns or a huge swath its because we turned them in voluntarily.

That said I think participation in an unbridled capitalism buy back might be fun. Depending on what they will pay. Lots of folks would turn in a lower they paid 30 bucks for if the gooberments paid a grand apiece. Especially when most folks have several. Lol.

Every so called stimulus payment or redistribution scheme dollar we got from the gooberment was spent on guns. I would live for them to buy me some more.
    Lol. Just s crazy idea.

Last edited:

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I have a non functional 12 ga that I would take $300 for.......hell......who am I kidding? I would take $150 for it since I got it for free. Fixing it would cost more than it is worth.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    I have a non functional 12 ga that I would take $300 for.......hell......who am I kidding? I would take $150 for it since I got it for free. Fixing it would cost more than it is worth.

I think a large percentage of guns turned in during forced “buybacks” (confiscations) are non functional. The Government likes to pad the numbers of guns destroyed so they can brag to the sheeple about how much “safer” they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I'm not so sure. There can not be confiscation without registration.

That said......

Be aware of new background checks laws as I guarantee you they will try to push some sort of registration scheme to ensure all transfers are done with background checks. Without registration or tracking universal background checks are untenable cause there is no way to enforce them. Make no mistake they want to regulate/tax you out of your guns. Forcing an expensive background check every time you loan borrower gift or hand off a weapon and each time you get it back is a regulation and tax intended to make such processes too time consuming or expensive to deal with. Forcing some just to give up. Dont put it past them to force you to transfer to a FFL and then the background check and transfer to your brother. And back again. Also waiting periods so records are accurate. You know to protect the children.

Add to that even higher excise taxes on whole guns and 50 percent tax on ammo and wow your arshole will be looser than a queer whore in prison and twice as sore. And we all remember how something as simple as a commodity or metal shortage like lead or manufacturing capacity for ammo caused/contributed to such a pain in the ass for ammo.

Once we allow that then yes it will be time to decide. Comply or not. This will be the stand together or haing alone moment, the shot heard around the country.

Remember the consent of the governed is an absolute requirement for the gooberment to create operate or enforce any law. There will be ball less fudds who roll over and become peasants like folks in other states but I think over all you might be surprised.

They cant take anything. There isnt enough police or military combined to take guns even if a huge number doesnt say nope thats a violation of my oath.

If we loose guns or a huge swath its because we turned them in voluntarily.

That said I think participation in an unbridled capitalism buy back might be fun. Depending on what they will pay. Lots of folks would turn in a lower they paid 30 bucks for if the gooberments paid a grand apiece. Especially when most folks have several. Lol.

Every so called stimulus payment or redistribution scheme dollar we got from the gooberment was spent on guns. I would live for them to buy me some more.
    Lol. Just s crazy idea.

Just one simple question. Just where do you think the government got the money to buy back the guns????

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Just one simple question. Just where do you think the government got the money to buy back the guns????

I passed civics.

Reference the wealth transfer part of the statement.

It was a humorous dig at the folly at such schemes.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Once upon a time.

BREAKING : Holy f’k. Seventy- two killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston.
    National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a Para-military extremist faction.

Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.
    Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” just issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed a wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.
    Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily.”

Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans.

During a tense standoff in the Lexington town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists.
    Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units.
    Colonel Smith, finding his forces overmatched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order.
    The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.
    Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.

And this fellow Americans, is how the American Revolution began, April 20, 1775.

Those who dont study history...

Shamelessly copied from a fellow shooters post.
    May be a good thing that isn't happening now. Too many folks would say they wouldn't risk getting killed for somebody else.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Yuck. I can’t imagine that angry screeching creature engaging in an act of personal intimacy, nor do I want to.
    Dude, find a doctor. I was talking about confiscating guns.

Lol. Sick sick man to even think...

Just kidding.

Top Bottom