• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I kinda like the idea of manufacturers boycotting these departments, but I also don't like the fact that it will affect the boys in blue more than the pricks in black suits.

i'll start feeling bad for them when they come out publicly against anti-constitutional legistlation and the antics of their elected figureheads
    Lynx Defense

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I kinda like the idea of manufacturers boycotting these departments, but I also don't like the fact that it will affect the boys in blue more than the pricks in black suits.

They don't have to work for those departments. They choose to.

I learned long ago that the rank and file in departments with terrible leadership issues are usually not the best cops.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    If those mayors were really serious, they would limit their cops to what they want the law to be. No hi-cap mags and no assault style weapons. The civilian po-po don't need the same fire power as the military.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    If those mayors were really serious, they would limit their cops to what they want the law to be. No hi-cap mags and no assault style weapons. The civilian po-po don't need the same fire power as the military.
    Slightly off-topic: Tom Gresham advises that we not fall into the trap of calling normal magazines, "hi cap", as the gun banners do. He suggests that they are, in fact, "standard capacity" magazines (my XDM-45 came with 13-round magazines, so they are "standard"). Also, we need to not use "assault weapons" as a term for "modern sporting rifles". FWIW.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Slightly off-topic: Tom Gresham advises that we not fall into the trap of calling normal magazines, "hi cap", as the gun banners do. He suggests that they are, in fact, "standard capacity" magazines (my XDM-45 came with 13-round magazines, so they are "standard"). Also, we need to not use "assault weapons" as a term for "modern sporting rifles". FWIW.

You are right. My bad. Po-Po should be limited to flintlock muskets and pistols as they are not military and that is what state of the art was when the second was written.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also, we need to not use "assault weapons" as a term for "modern sporting rifles". FWIW.

OR we could call them "Personal Defense Weapons," just like DHS is calling them in their purchase of 7,000.

DHS buys 7000 full-auto assault rifles, calls them 'personal defense weapons'

The Department of Homeland Security is seeking to acquire 7,000 5.56x45mm NATO “personal defense weapons” (PDW) — also known as “assault weapons” when owned by civilians. The solicitation, originally posted on June 7, 2012, comes to light as the Obama administration is calling for a ban on semi-automatic rifles and high capacity magazines.

Although in the description of the weapons the DHS is buying, it IS shown that they are buying actual assault weapons, i.e. selective fire weapons that can fire in semi-auto and full automatic.

Top Bottom